eyesight

scott engel

Arachnopeon
hi i was wanting to know about a spiders eyesight. is it good or bad?is it sensitive to light? and do they pick up movement well with their eyes? thank you

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they are light sensitive, but rely more on vibrations then sight....now i think jumpers are more inclined to use eyesight, soo i think it differs from species to species!!!

scott engel

Arachnopeon
they are light sensitive, but rely more on vibrations then sight....now i think jumpers are more inclined to use eyesight, soo i think it differs from species to species!!!
would things like loud music or flashlights bother them? like if you were using a flashlight to see it.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well since they are light sensitive then yes a flashlight will bother them. Some species really seem to spaz out when a light is shined on them.
They can pick up vibrations from your boom box so keep that in mind when jamming to loud music

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Most T's cant see very well at all, there are some exceptions ofcourse. But in general they feel vibrations, in doing so they can determine the size of whatever is close, it helps them figure out if its prey or not. All sorts of things are picked up by the hairs on a T. Some are light sensitive, and being night lovers I have to think they have some perception of light and dark coupled with their natural instinct.
But in over all most T's can see shadows of movement and it has to be fairly close. Some say if they wave their hand the T reacts, well they react to the air movement even if its small and seemingly meaningless movement.
But one more time I say there are exceptions to ever rule I am not trying to spark an arguement.

Derekool

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Another supporting fact for poor eye sight is that the male tarantula when breeding needs to drum, not just be seen, to not get eaten.