• No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

aliasx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do you collect your tarantulas exuviums [shed exoskeleton]?

What do you do with them? and why?

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They're great for halloween decorations. The new world ones make great itching powder:)

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
LOL not to mention haloween , it would make a ideal collection in future when u have many of them, i keep them seperately togethetr with my log book .. well.. its interestin

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Some of mine go to my kid's classrooms for the nature tables. The nicest are put behind glass in box frames. The rest seem to pile up in a large, plastic tub, along with mantis exuvia and whip scorpion jaws. It seems a shame to throw them away.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I take mine to my educational talks, and hand them out to whomever wants one. I put them in a plastic baggie so nobody has to actually handle them.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I prefer to rid myself of them. Most dont look very ralistic anyways.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keeping the sheds...

The only ones I keep are my larger T's and ones that are hard to find right now. Always securing them in a ziplock bag for educational programs. They dessicate and fall apart after a while but it is cool to keep a few around.

UberUsumbara

Arachnopeon
I am planning on keeping all of the molts from my spiderlings to track their growth. Its fun to look at my H. gigas' first molt from 3 months ago (itty bitty) next to it's last one (4 inches). I want to send one to Swift's Inverts for sexing but only if she can return it.

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I eat every.... nah.. :}
But yea, I keep them all, but then, I dont have 247 T's (just 11) and I think its really cool to see how much they grow.

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hogge2k said:
I eat every.... nah.. :}
Hm, I'm not sure I wrote just that... we having a crayfishparty over here and that explains alot... to everyone whos been on a swedish crayfishparty that is. :}

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I gridn them up with egg shell. rotten food and peat moss and scatter it in my garden.. best mulch around ;)

tarantula666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i frame them and keep some for myself
and give some as presents to friends.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i voted no ...

i only voted no because i have no idea how to preserve them....

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I've tried to keep a couple, but they inevitably get crushed. Most of the time I don't even bother anymore, but I still try to keep my Tap molts.