Extermination questions?

MrWindupBird

Arachnopeon
So I haven't had the exterminator come out to my house since starting my tarantula hobby about 18 months ago, but really feel the need need to get my termite service back up and running.

My tarantulas (about 30 in total) are all in the same room on the 2nd floor, while the exterminator would mostly be spraying in the crawl-space of the house. The thing that concerns me is all of the duct work that goes through the crawl space...

Should I be worried? Does anyone have experience with termite service and keeping tarantulas? Do you do anything with your cages if you do have a service?

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
you could ask the exterminator about this I would imagine they could help with your question.

MrWindupBird

Arachnopeon
Does your house really need treated, or just inspected?
That is a good question... but my understanding is that, at least here in the south, the crawl space is usually treated as a precautionary measure at least once a year.

Last edited:

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is a good question... but my understanding that, at least here in the south, the crawl space is usually treated as a precautionary measure at least once a year.
I'm one state north of you, but termite issues seem to vary per region. We were inspected last month, but no need for treatment. (Phew!) Yeah, I'd ask the exterminator.

When we had the ductwork cleaned last year, the company wanted to treat the ducts with a pesticide for dustmites and other critters. Oh, heck no!