Exotic Expos in PA

Attending an expo in the next 2 weeks?

• Yes, I am excited and nothing can stop me!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, I cant make it and I have a big frown on my face!!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I am an attractive and dynamic person, but there is a 700lb gorilla sitting on my chest.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
Anyone in eastern Pennsylavania planning to attend an expo this Saturday or next?
Hamburg Reptile Show is this Saturday in Berks County.
Next Saturday is the Reptile Family Expo in Lebanon.
There aren't too many options for exotic animal "hobbyists" in my area. But we have 2 coming up over the next 2 weekends, and I've been planning and waiting for months, for this magical convergence!
Hope anyone in the area can come!
:D

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I've been twice to the Hamburg one, and it's just insane. They need a larger venue. The line to get in the building is a mile long (if you show up an hour before the doors open) and from there it takes over an hour to get into the building, and then once you're in there it's just packed with people, difficult to move around in, and hot. I got some OK deals, but I'm not eager to go back unless they're in a bigger building (preferably with air conditioning.)

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
I agree, but I'm in a "beggars cant be choosers" situation in Schuylkill County... I dont foresee them moving the venue since they've been there for decades and I remember it being like that in the 90s. :confused:
Last time I went later in the day after it's died down.
Haven't been to the one in Lebanon, but the venue is much bigger, and close enough that it's probably a lot of the same vendors, so I'm hoping its not as crowded, but I know the Leb. Expo center does also attract a bigger crowd, so we'll see.

DancingHare

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately a bit too far for me, I live near Albany in New York. Have one coming up in September that I'm excited for though!

DancingHare

Arachnopeon
It's near me in Saratoga Springs, I don't know what it's like as I haven't been to that one, but I have been to that venue before. They had one back in May but I wasn't there.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
I almost always go to the Hamburg show. There's usually a few bug dealers and it's nice to see if there's anything new that'll catch my interest. Though like others are saying, it is always hot and very crowded, but I hear the August show is usually the least crowded. (because of the heat) I hope you have a good time.
Also, didn't know there was a show that happens in Lebanon. I only know of the one near Philadelphia which I've been to a couple times. (tends to be smaller but its air conditioned) I might need to check that out.