excited.......

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'm darn happy today.....yesterday i just mated my g.rosea although i nv seen the male make any sperm web..... and today, i've just brought home a b.vagans male, and i put the male inside my female....the female straight away give responses by drumming...then they mated after about 2 mins...... i'm very happy as this is the first attempt of breeding that i'd ever did... woohoo!~~.... so now,.... i'm praying for an eggsac......but i scared by only once mating, it won't be successful.... and i hope that the both males of g.rosea & b.vagans will produce some sperm web..... anyway, do u have any tips so that the males will make the sprem webs as fast as possible??? such as humidity, space of tank...or what ever???
besides, that...how long only should i feed the females after mating???? i'm wondering.....thanks alot mate...............really hoping for a reply........ very happy today....hope to become a parent soon~~

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
besides that....ermm... should i separate the female container with the others?? or just left it there.... as for the male...i'm currently using a microwave heating container that measures around 6"x6" wide....would that being enuff place for him to make a sperm web??? that's a male b.vagans around 5" in legspan....... and should i feed him now??? thankss in advance........

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
With both species I feed during mating times. You want to keep the female VERY full, she should be less likely to eat the male. I put the males in the female's enclosure once in the morning, once in the evening. The males of both species will mate several times after making one sperm web. When the male declines to mate, leave him in his own enclosure until he completes a new sperm web, then repeat the above. You can't mate them TOO many times!! :D

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congratulations on mating your guys! Did they make it out alive, or did your females have an aftermating snack? From the sounds of it they are still alive, which makes you a very lucky guy :)

I'm not sure about the mating, but I wish you luck.

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thankss...... my T's all survive... so..for the male b.vagans... how big is the tank size , so that i can make sure he have enuff space to make a sperm web?? he is currenlt about 5inch in legspan....

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
after mating...how long should i wait to feed my female?? or should i try again to mate her....???
but it seems that i can't see the male to produce a sperm web...how come??? :?

Ker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From what I have been told, you may never actually see a sperm web, as the male will tear them down himself. I havent ever seen this happen, but I have talked to several people who have, and they have had no problem with breedings.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
ALL of mine destroy the sperm web after "loading up". But, the destroyed mess is just as reconizable to the trained eye. The only exception is the a. avic, who is housed with the female. He built one, mates, goes back and uses the same web, mates, and so on and so on.

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks anyway....so how big for the average tank so that the male will have more chance in produsing sperm web??? :?