Evening visitor

thisgal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful....I kept a dead one I found a couple years ago. I just don't have the heart to throw it out!

Except, the ones here don't have the yellow on thier wingtips.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I let it go of course. It was a battle royal for a while as we had two tookay geckos and a number of smaller ones try to get in on the act. We did our best to keep the moth safe from them as it fluttered aimlessly. I finally bit the bullet and risked harming in when I grabbed it. Fortunately they are much tougher than they appear and it didn't even leave wing 'dust' on my hands.

*Rogue*

Arachnopeon
awww cutie..

it's nice i don't mean to sound i dn't know umm...to sound like i'm critisising (spelling?) you didn't touch the wings did you you can stop them from flying the powder on the wings helps them fly but heay just thought i'd say something.....but it's pretty

*Rogue*

Arachnopeon
LOL i just read the last bit....

:wall: dn't i feel silly did it get away ok?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
*Rogue* said:
it's nice i don't mean to sound i dn't know umm...to sound like i'm critisising (spelling?) you didn't touch the wings did you you can stop them from flying the powder on the wings helps them fly but heay just thought i'd say something.....but it's pretty
I did my best to hold it 'open handed', not actually grasping the wings, just containing them. That is the major vexation of attempting to rescue moths and butterflies: doing more harm than good. I was able to grasp it's body initially when I captured it. It flew off quite capably so I think it's chances of survival are good.

Last edited: