Even more proof...

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ok, beat this one...

Tonight I saw my female emp grab and crush a beetle, then hand it over to the male to eat!

Are we sure scorps won't mate for life? Cuz this is starting to look like a cheesy love story...Or even better! A scorpion soap opera! "The Young and the Juddering" ;P

N.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Ok I have one;

When I was keeping my H.arizonensis and H.spadix communally I observed them taking turns excivating the same burrow. One would dig a bunch out then the other would go in and dig a bunch out. This went on for 2-3 turns before I stopped watching.

John
];')

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmmmm.....it looks like Scorpions must practice a tried and true behavior among big cats where the females are the primary hunters while the males get the kills handed to them.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
Ok I have one;

When I was keeping my H.arizonensis and H.spadix communally I observed them taking turns excivating the same burrow. One would dig a bunch out then the other would go in and dig a bunch out. This went on for 2-3 turns before I stopped watching.

John
];')
That is a good one, however, I don't think it beats mine...;P

N.

rainman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
when i owned my pair of emps, they both got the same cricket with their pincers and they ripped it apart. like in jurassic park 2 when the 2 t-rex's rip that guy in half. usually when u own a few scorps u tend to have at least one exciting story with them.

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem
That is a good one, however, I don't think it beats mine...;P

N.
Yeah, I think that interspecies romance beats yours.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by whoami?
Yeah, I think that interspecies romance beats yours.
Nah, that sort of thing is common these days. ;) Don't you watch MTV? ;P

N.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Some ppl here already know I keep lizards in with the desert/scrubland scorps (primarily P. transvaalicus and P. leiosoma). Northern and Southern Fence lizards. I initially was planning on feeding them to the scorps, but they just moved out of the liz' way at the burrow opening and the liz' moved into the burrows with them. The scorps guard the burrow entrances, kills food, and gives most to the liz, and never one time have I ever seen them get aggressive towards each other. They are very entertaining together and it always makes for a good show when the liz is not in the burrow, I pop the encl. top and the scorp rushes out and is in defensive posture, lizard runs inside.

adios,
edw.

PS: I think different species (commonly aggressive in nature) in romance will best a couple of the same species (commonly docile in nature), and even better... *lol* =D

Last edited:

wsimms

Arachnodaddy
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
Ok I have one;

John
];')
My largest male and female emp have just started a joint excavation project like that. They have actually tunnelled down all the way (5 inches) to the gravel layer at the bottom of their tank and are systematically bringing "boulders" (3/4 to 1 inch gravel) to the surface and dragging it out to the other side of the tank. They look like furniture movers toting a piano. It's the d#*!est thing I've ever seen. I'm thinking about videoing this for "The World's Funniest Animals".

W