EVEN more L. Parahybana questions

Darth Nader

Arachnopeon
Hooray for me!!! My 2.5" LP molted yesterday morning!!! This is my first LP and the first I've ever seen molt so I just need to know a few things:

How long should I leave her be before handling her again?

How long should I wait before feeding her again?

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I generally wait about a week even though it only take about 2 or 3 days. That way I know they have hardened up and are back to normal........ only with a bigger apetite..

FuzzOctave

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a male Lp that's about 3.5". I've had him since he was about 1.5". He molts about every other month, so depending on how often you feed yours, you should be able to witness the molts in relatively short intervals. Even if you've seen it a thousand times, it's still cool when it happens. I'm amazed at some of the size gains I've witnessed in a single molt.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For an adult T I wait 2 weeks before feeding. But yours is very young and they are faster at recovery then. I'd still suggest a week to be safe. though i know after your first molt it's hard to summon up that much patience! :)

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah it usually takes about a week, but the way to be positive, is to get it to climb up on the glass a bit and take a look at its fangs. If the fangs are back to being shiny black like they normally are, then you're good to go.