Escaped!!!!

JiangC

Arachnopeon
GUYS!!! i really need help , my tarantula escaped in my room , what can i do? I searched everywhere but i can't seems to find it...

JoeMean

Arachnopeon
Oh dear! Is there any gaps in floors walls bed closet anything!!?!

I think you might find him under bed or something

Make sure you don't have a cat or dog lol

JiangC

Arachnopeon
i change it to another container to let it eat when in the morning and in the afternoon when i went back it was lost... what can i do? i find everywhere but i can't find it. It's only 1 inch+

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i change it to another container to let it eat when in the morning and in the afternoon when i went back it was lost... what can i do? i find everywhere but i can't find it. It's only 1 inch+
Wait - you took it out of its normal container to feed it in another one? :o_O:

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I guess your new to the hobby? because you don't have to take it out of one enclosure and feed in another, as asked what species is your T?.

JiangC

Arachnopeon
Found it guys! :D it's at the back of my door. And yes i am new to Ts and it is a brachypelma albiceps!

Theist 17

Arachnosquire
B. albos are cool spiders. Glad you found it, but I have to ask: why on earth would you transfer it to another enclosure for feeding? It makes zero sense to me.

JiangC

Arachnopeon
T always can't find the mealworms when i put it inside the enclosure but when i transfer it he/she seems to eat it straight. Mostly my friend did that to their slings too.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
They will dig up the worms when hungry - mine do. Otherwise, try getting a large dish and placing it in the enclosure, then putting the mealworms and T in it. That way, it stays in the enclosure.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Cool glad you found it, I crush the meal/superworms head's that way they don't burrow and the T can find it easily.

goodoldneon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As strange as it may sound, the only way I can get my adult female B. smithi to eat is to transfer her to a small Kritter Keeper. She went eight months without eating – I put her in the small enclosure with two crickets, they were gone the next morning. If I put them in her tank, they’ll die of starvation, old age, etc. She averages two crickets large crickets a week now, but again, only when transferred to a smaller container.

Look, I don’t make these things, I just own them.

Osmo

Arachnosquire
Is your enclosure to big for the T? if its having a hard time finding its food that may be the issue. What size enclosure and what size T?

Theist 17

Arachnosquire
So, why don't you just keep your spider in the smaller container? Unless it is just a remarkably tiny container for your spider, I would suggest moving your spider into the smaller container.