Eresus Walckanaeri (I think it's a boy)

Cassey

Arachnopeon
Now a lot of context is needed here! Or maybe not.

I got a tiny little E. Walckanaeri last year in September 2019, and she was the smallest thing, maybe less than a centimeter long. Now a year and a couple of months have passed, with many molts, but a recently discovered molt had me a little concerned. I was looking at my Ts before going to be and noticed my E. Walckanaeri molted again. Again? She had already molted recently within the last two molts, and I think the molt before that took place in May or before. So one thing is already standing out, two molts, very close to one another.
But! I noticed that my E. Walckanaeri now had a red abdomen and white spots along what I'd call her leg joints. I believe there are color and size differences between males and females, and that the males are the ones with the red abdomen, so would this mean I've got myself a male?
I would send photos of the molt but I do not think my phone camera is high enough quality to encapture that (but if I get a decent picture, I will post it).
For anyone else who may have kept E. Walckanaeri or any spider similar (preferably of the Eresus Genus), what should I do? I understand males live for a shorter time than females so would I only have a couple months left with him? Maybe another year?

Thank you for reading.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Yeah you have a male. I’m not sure how long he’ll live but likely a year at most. The males are gorgeous though ☺

Cassey

Arachnopeon
Yeah you have a male. I’m not sure how long he’ll live but likely a year at most. The males are gorgeous though ☺
They really are! Thank you so much for confirming. I'm just a little disappointed that I won't see how large the females are in person but he's still a gorgeous lil bugger