Eresus sling overfeeding?

Briana1399

Arachnopeon
Hey! I have three eresus slings I have been feeding every two or sometimes three days. They have quite big butts but they are also just shaped like that so…how am I supposed to know if I’m over feeding? They are so small so I can see much other than they are thick.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Hey! I have three eresus slings I have been feeding every two or sometimes three days. They have quite big butts but they are also just shaped like that so…how am I supposed to know if I’m over feeding? They are so small so I can see much other than they are thick.
Try and get some pictures :pics:

ramalho

Arachnopeon
This is a serious question but can you over feed? In my experience I just feed regularly till they refuse to eat usually during a premolt. Can I over feed them? Some of them get a serious dadunka dunk but usually don't eat at that point and molt. Has anyone over fed? What happened after if you did?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
This is a serious question but can you over feed? In my experience I just feed regularly till they refuse to eat usually during a premolt. Can I over feed them? Some of them get a serious dadunka dunk but usually don't eat at that point and molt. Has anyone over fed? What happened after if you did?
highly debated topic tons of times it’s been asked
this one hasn’t eaten since the picture was taken
The answer is the same, regardless of type of spider

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
OK first off congrats on the velvets they are super cute n fun to keep 😊.

If you watch closely you'll notice little signs, feet waiting in the entrance of their web hide when hungry, and if not they will hide n wave their little front legs at you as if wafting you away.
It also depends on the size of the meal , if your feeding fruit walks then yes every 2/3 days things are tiny n have the goodness of cornflakes. OK once in a while but not the best as a constant feed. If your doing mini mealworms then every 3/4 days as it will fill them up longer , equivalent to a Sunday roast and much better for your little ones as the mealworms food has a much wider range of vitamins ect then fruit walks .
Obviously providing you feed your spood food, (alot of ppl think you don't have to) mealworms n crix need fresh veg n fruit to be the best feeder they can, they absorb the goodness from the veg you feed them and in turn give it to your spider once your spider eats it.
I must say though I have never used micro crix as a food source so I have no idea how long they would hold hunger for but my little ones always eat worms with the occasional fruit walk as a treat to brake up the worms.

Long explanation aside watch your baby's they will tell you if they are full or not. Gl to all 4 of you 😉😊

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They will stop eating when full.