Genus Ephebopus

Venom671

Arachnosquire
Cool! What do you use for tank lighting?
Acadia led full spectrum lighting, i use the 36 inch bar that can connect to one another. Interesting enough, with the day and night cycle I've given all my Ts. All the fossorials come out around noon mostly everyday. The pic above was taken around 1 pm and i have a catalog of pics 😅

DrT loves Ts

Arachnopeon
Acadia led full spectrum lighting, i use the 36 inch bar that can connect to one another. Interesting enough, with the day and night cycle I've given all my Ts. All the fossorials come out around noon mostly everyday. The pic above was taken around 1 pm and i have a catalog of pics 😅
Thanks for the info. I don't have any deep diggers yet, emphasizing yet. I was looking at some real pretty bioactive tanks. Might want to try an step up from my basic coco fiber tanks. Thank you very much for your advice.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
E. uatuman - about 2" DLS. Hoping I can determine gender with it's next molt. Never turned down a meal while in my care. We call him/her Jade... 20220205_193851.jpg 20220205_193638.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
isn't that E. murinus?
It could be, but was sold as E. uatuman. When it last molted, it did have more typical E. uatuman coloration (greenish tint on abdomen and orange on legs), but that has faded with time. You can still see the green on the abdomen in the right light, though. That's something else I'm hoping to confirm with the next molt!

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
It could be, but was sold as E. uatuman. When it last molted, it did have more typical E. uatuman coloration (greenish tint on abdomen and orange on legs), but that has faded with time. You can still see the green on the abdomen in the right light, though. That's something else I'm hoping to confirm with the next molt!
I am no expert as i have raised nether E. uatuman nor E. murinus, but just looking at pictures i can say that E. uatuman doesn' t get the leg stripes and i think all of them start out green. U must have been sold the wrong spider.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I am no expert as i have raised nether E. uatuman nor E. murinus, but just looking at pictures i can say that E. uatuman doesn' t get the leg stripes and i think all of them start out green. U must have been sold the wrong spider.
Wouldn't be surprising considering the source... No worries, though - it looks great and behaves reasonably well, and I didn't pay anything outrageous for it, so I guess I'll keep it. 😉

Scp682

Arachnoknight
I've raised E murinus, rufecens, uatuman and cyanognathus from slings, they all start out with iridescent blue/green abdomens and orange legs but murinus loses them first. this does look like a murinus since it's the only one with prominent striping. The other species tend to have horizontally banded legs instead of vertical striping. A sling pic would be nice out of curiosity if you have time.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I've raised E murinus, rufecens, uatuman and cyanognathus from slings, they all start out with iridescent blue/green abdomens and orange legs but murinus loses them first. this does look like a murinus since it's the only one with prominent striping. The other species tend to have horizontally banded legs instead of vertical striping. A sling pic would be nice out of curiosity if you have time.
I wish I had sling pics, but I only acquired this T about 1.5 months ago. I'd been watching it at the local pet shop during my weekly feeder runs for at least 6 months prior, wondering why nobody had taken it home. I assumed it was because it spent most of its time underground and that turned people off - I think I only saw it out a couple times, and that was because I happened to be there at feeding time. It was definitely green and orange then, but I don't doubt that it is murinus - apparently this one came from a local hobby breeder and not the wholesale source they usually use (everything else I've gotten there has been correctly identified). I'm not upset, though - it's a beautiful creature that has gotten quite comfortable hanging out at the top of its turret mound waiting for snacks!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Rehoused my juvenile E. murinus today. Moved it into an enclosure with 3+ times as much depth, so hopefully it'll take full advantage. Took some photos while it was checking out the new digs...
20220308_231712.jpg
20220308_231844.jpg
20220308_232024.jpg

Old enclosure next to the new one:
20220308_200659.jpg

And finally, it's little booty sticking out from under the hide where I hope it'll build it's burrow in the new one:
20220308_211032.jpg

From the way it's abdomen is darkening I think I'll get a molt soon, so maybe I can figure out the gender and quit calling it "it"!