Enclosure Q for different Ts

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you make fun of this Q as it is kinda stupid, I will put a voodoo hex on you. {D

Ok, I have a 20 gallon laying around here. I have the hub talked in to cutting a divider out of 1/2 " glass that I can secure with aquarium glue and I can put plexi half lids that meet at the divider with vent holes. My question is I want to put the P. Cancerides on one side and the A. Seemani on the other. Is this going to cause a problem with the 2 ? Would the Seemani even notice a much more aggressive and ravenous T was eyeballing him for dinner? Basically, would this cause T stress? The Seemani sticks to the ground 99% of the time and the Cancerides will climb if the mood hits. The humidity will bekept about the same and I feed everything on the same days.
What do you all think?

Jeri

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not really sure, but I wouldn't think it would be a problem. As long as there is no gap between the divider and the lid that they could squeeze through. It would be stressful (albeit for a very short time) if one actually became dinner for the other.

Jeri

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I did something similar actually. I divided my 10g into 4 seperate sections and am going to house 4 of my arboreals in there.

I used plexiglass as the dividers and i made screened tops for them. Currently with the picture used I have the tanks set up for terrestrial species.

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ROFL! No kidding, a VERY short time :)

I just didn't know if a more docile spider could sense a more aggressive spider and be stressed. I am still learning about their behavior and don't want to make a stupid mistake! LOL! As I have described my Seemai in the past, she is a big hairy 8 legged hamster. Just a real docile girl. The Haitian on the other hand.. well... it CAN rival the murinus but isn't psycho 24/7 like a murinus. Seems to get overly feisty when hungry :) I just don't know if I am asking for trouble by putting these 2 so close together. I don't even know if Ts have the capacity to notice or care about a larger more aggressive spider through a divider. :?

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey Oogie, how did you make the screen tops? I was considering using drop in squares of plexi with vent holes, but i am kinda liking the look of your screens. How did you "seal up" the gap between the dividers and the screen so no late night snacks happen? ;)

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The screened tops were actually 10x easier then drillingholes in the acrylic plastic!

You can just go to home depot or menards and get the materials. All you need is a hacksaw to cut the aluminum frame. Just go to the store and ask them what you need to make aluminum screens, they will hook ya up.

As for closing the gaps between the screen and the dividers. There really isnt much of a gap at all. But just to be safe I have ordered some thinner plastics cut the length of the tank deep, and then .5" wide and I am going to glue those pieces on top of the dividers to seal up the gaps.

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a B. Smithi and a P. Lugardi in a dividad 10 gal and they seem fine with the idea