Enclosure idea!

MaskFac3

Arachnopeon
So I've just been looking on the fly trap care forums and I came up wit an idea. For you guys over there in the U.S you can get Venus flytraps in cubes from Lowes. You get a carnivorous plant and an arboreal enclosure.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
I wouldnt want my A. versicolor sling I paid $30 for become a snack for a carnivorous plant. ;)

MaskFac3

Arachnopeon
O yeah. Forgot to mention to take the vft out. They kill them anyway. Here's a pic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346622492.941467.jpg

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Ok nice idea, but I wouldn't put a venus fly trap in any Ts enclosures especily arborial Avics of mine, mainly because they tend to fall sometimes, you know wake up in the morning and a plant digesting a T lol.

Kl I'll edit my post, The encolosures are quite smart how much are thay?

jreidsma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They meant take the VT out of the container. Drill holes in the container. And use the container for the T. The plant would be in a different pot so it would not be near the T.

I buy those containers at hobby lobby for a couple bucks for my slings (no plants in them).

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
Why spend $7-20 bucks on a venus flytrap enclosure, when you can by one for 1.99 at Hobby Lobby??

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Why spend $7-20 bucks on a venus flytrap enclosure, when you can by one for 1.99 at Hobby Lobby??
Because if your interested in Venus flytraps (like I am) then it would be a great 2 for one if you could just move the plant to something else. It would be for the plant and container not just the container and throw away the flytrap. :)

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
They are good prices, your idea 2 for the price of 1 is good. I'll have a look in hobby lobby.

tarandrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I actually wouldn't be too worried about your T dying in there as much as the VFT. They need to be outside in direct sunlight all day to grow properly :).

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
the op clearly states the 2 for 1 deal in his opening post, never intending to put a tarantula in the same enclosure as a VFT.
A couple of other people have re-posted this fact.
People need to read- and understand- before responding.

macj1983

Arachnosquire
Sweet! I'm getting some hope they still have them here! Thanks op for the post