Enclosure by Window

Kaden Bryant

Arachnosquire
I recently picked up these plants that I just loooove. I need to open a window for them and this is the only accesible one in my room. The only problem is this is where my Ts are. If I move the Ts all the way to the left edge of this dresser will they be far enough away from the window that the temp changes won’t affect them, or will I need to move them somewhere else? upload_2019-5-4_9-51-55.jpeg

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I recently picked up these plants that I just loooove. I need to open a window for them and this is the only accesible one in my room. The only problem is this is where my Ts are. If I move the Ts all the way to the left edge of this dresser will they be far enough away from the window that the temp changes won’t affect them, or will I need to move them somewhere else? View attachment 307392
I wouldn’t risk it, if the enclosure gets direct sunlight it’s possible to super heat the enclosure and kill the Tarantula.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My Ts get sunlight from windows all the time.

In your situation, I would just move the Ts to the corner of the table at the wall if you're worried.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
This really depends on what the sun is doing. If you move them all the way to the left, would they ever experience direct sunlight? If so, how much and for how long? Those are all factors to consider. Remember, the inside of an enclosure can act like a greenhouse, just like a car under the sun. So be careful.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
This really depends on what the sun is doing. If you move them all the way to the left, would they ever experience direct sunlight? If so, how much and for how long? Those are all factors to consider. Remember, the inside of an enclosure can act like a greenhouse, just like a car under the sun. So be careful.
I agree, I lost a group of dwarf chameleons many years ago because of this.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would never keep a T where its enclosure would end up in direct sunlight.
Not all sunlight is the same. Direct, midday sun has the most potential to make a greenhouse of your T enclosure. But direct morning or evening sun aren't as intense. And especially if you have dual-pane energy efficient windows, the heat that transfers inside is less.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Not all sunlight is the same. Direct, midday sun has the most potential to make a greenhouse of your T enclosure. But direct morning or evening sun aren't as intense. And especially if you have dual-pane energy efficient windows, the heat that transfers inside is less.
Not sure about your spiders but my spiders absolutely hate light, especially the burrowers and Pokies.

This could be another reason to not have them in direct light OP.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not sure about your spiders but my spiders absolutely hate light, especially the burrowers and Pokies.

This could be another reason to not have them in direct light OP.
My adult female P. met can often be found seemingly basking in a patch of sunlight.