Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Asian Forest

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Other, named in reply

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

doodledog

Arachnopeon
You're poll is prob over, but I just had to chime in...to me, price didn't matter, looks didn't matter, and size didn't matter... I just wanted to start with a scorp that was more docile and more visible so I could watch them...after careful consideration and many conversations here on AB, I decided on a Hadogenes paucidens (Olive Keeled Flat Rock Scorpion)....i purchased 2 and should have them this Thursday....i also am in discussion with a breeder about a 3rd scorp....the Uroplectes pilosus (Lush Scorpion)...2 quite different species in terms if size, coloring and temperament, but none the less intriguing...go with what you LIKE, not with what is cheapest or easiest to come by, you will be happier...

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
You're poll is prob over, but I just had to chime in...to me, price didn't matter, looks didn't matter, and size didn't matter... I just wanted to start with a scorp that was more docile and more visible so I could watch them...after careful consideration and many conversations here on AB, I decided on a Hadogenes paucidens (Olive Keeled Flat Rock Scorpion)....i purchased 2 and should have them this Thursday....i also am in discussion with a breeder about a 3rd scorp....the Uroplectes pilosus (Lush Scorpion)...2 quite different species in terms if size, coloring and temperament, but none the less intriguing...go with what you LIKE, not with what is cheapest or easiest to come by, you will be happier...
Hadogenes is an excellent genus! Good choice!

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
just to confirm this is you're experience with asf?
Yes, with H spinifer. They can be cooled to about 55 degrees in a medical situation, which I only had happen once.

Great pet, everyone should have one but not to handle. Scorp badass3a.jpg

Frequently wild caught females like this one are pregnant.

Last edited:

vexhex89

Arachnopeon
Pandinus are my favorites.
Calm and relaxed, they just chill around.

While the afs are ultra aggressive towards me. They attack the nightly water mistings if they are out roaming about.

Ti1220

Arachnosquire
I would not recommend trying to pick up the asain scorpion or atleast mine I have a baby and a almost full grown one and both of them sqaure up on some tweezers when trying to relocate them like they are nothing.