Emergency questions!! please help.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so these were WC then probably.... ???
or....???
I dont know I didn't ask. I will find out the specifics when I speak with the manager Monday. I'll be sure and fill her in on everything that is going on. Either way the person that she got them from had them long enough to have a one of the roseas molt. The molt was torn up and dry, still in the deli cup. Thats right I said deli cup, and one that was way too small. Its no wonder it lost a leg in the process. I'm sure thats when it happened. Then the conditions the t were kept in probably almost did them in. It makes me really wonder how many they have. I'm sure none of them look any better then the ones that I got.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
After seeing all the pics for a second time I'm even more PO'd than I was before at that LPS. I'm glad they are in your care now but I would suggest strongly that you post what pet store that is in the warnings section - there may be others in your area that are buying potentially diseased animals and they should be warned. Great job on your part! I hate LPS like those....I have a LPS near me that I get T's from sometimes but they are very well taken care of - he includes a 60 day warranty and the T's are kept in large arcylic cages.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
After seeing all the pics for a second time I'm even more PO'd than I was before at that LPS. I'm glad they are in your care now but I would suggest strongly that you post what pet store that is in the warnings section - there may be others in your area that are buying potentially diseased animals and they should be warned. Great job on your part! I hate LPS like those....I have a LPS near me that I get T's from sometimes but they are very well taken care of - he includes a 60 day warranty and the T's are kept in large arcylic cages.
Thanks a lot for the compliment rob, that means a lot. I have thought about leaving the bad review for them but is it really the pet stores fault? The store is really clean. I think it actually comes down to the store manager not knowing enough about the Ts she is selling. I dont think she had a clue that they were in bad shape. I intend to talk to them first and see if that changes things.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks a lot for the compliment rob, that means a lot. I have thought about leaving the bad review for them but is it really the pet stores fault? The store is really clean. I think it actually comes down to the store manager not knowing enough about the Ts she is selling. I dont think she had a clue that they were in bad shape. I intend to talk to them first and see if that changes things.
That's a good point - maybe if you talk to the store manager and help educate her, she'll be able to take better care of the T's. Maybe even suggest that she join AB - ask some questions and get some advice. But IMHO, she should have done the research before attempting to keep and sell any animal.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with that 100%. IME with LPS that doesn't seem to be common practice here in Texas.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Another update

Just a min ago, 3:00 pm, today I found another fly in the cage with the rcf missing a leg. I got some pics of it. I will post it here and in insect section in hopes to get it identified. Its dead because I smushed it. Luckily I was able to get some descent photos with it dead.

This thing is tiny. I would say the size of a gnat.

Edit: fix the size of the images.
Edit2: For some reason the images wont get bigger. I'll keep trying.

Last edited:

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Fungus gnats are a pain in the butt to get rid of. I got some in with a cricket order a couple of years ago and haven't been able to get rid of them yet. I have tried several things, but they just won't go away. They are attracted to the water bites I use in my roach bin. I haven't realy seen any in with my t's, though.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Grammostola Rosea RCF #6 update

Here is a little update on the progress of my Rosea RCF #6. If you looked above then you saw the pics of how dehydrated and starved she was. Check her out now. This only 4 days later. I think its a pretty drastic change.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good job bringing her back! I think its funny how fast we can become attached to these little guys. I can she looks a lot better. :clap:

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good job bringing her back! I think its funny how fast we can become attached to these little guys. I can she looks a lot better. :clap:
Thanks a lot. She is eating like a champ and recovering very nicely. I can honestly say that she has become my favorite t. Probably because she was on the brink of death, and I really had to spend a lot of time caring watching over her.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Got another scare!!

Here is an update on my pour girl rcf. I went to rehouse her today because her her substrate was a little moist. I rehoused her into a larger container with bone dry substrate and I noticed the following. Please let me know what you think it is. I have my suspicions. I need advice on what to do......Thanks

I'm going now to try and get a better picture.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ick. It looks like some sort of fungus. Do you think you can get at it with some tweezers and try to remove it without hurting the T? There may be a better method than just trying to pick it off but i don't know what that would be. Antifungal ointment maybe?