Eggsack after Molt Possibilities

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
Hi Guys,
I've one of my female Albopilosum that already mated once 1.5-2months ago.
And her abdomen getting bigger and bigger.
My question : Is there any possibilities for the female to lay an eggsack after molt.
Because even tho she already molted, her abdomen is still looks kinda plump
Thanks guys :)

here's her picture
Before molt
IMG-20130506-05109.jpg

After Molt
IMG-20130507-05113.jpg

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
She can, though the sac will be infertile.

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
She can, though the sac will be infertile.
aaw.. :( so should I mate her again soon so if there's an egg inside the male can make it fertile, or should I wait till she laid the "infertile" sac?

and one more question, How should I feed her after mated? Should I force feed her, or just give her a normal feeding. Because I did force feed this lady after mate, and she can't stop eating

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
I suggest you buy a book before you buy another spider.
I already read the Tarantula Keepers Guide, but can't find the detail information about feeding Tarantula after mate.
If you do find the information, please share it with me on what page I can get that information. Thanks @metallica @baddestruffest :)

BaddestRuffest

Arachnosquire
Personally I would up your regular feeding regime as producing a viable sac will take a lot out of your t, I think you'll find she should gratefully accept it as well so if you feed once a week make it every four days and if every two weeks make it once a week. Alot of it is common sense but nothing is certain obviously because they can't tell us what they want so we cab only guesstimate.

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
Personally I would up your regular feeding regime as producing a viable sac will take a lot out of your t, I think you'll find she should gratefully accept it as well so if you feed once a week make it every four days and if every two weeks make it once a week. Alot of it is common sense but nothing is certain obviously because they can't tell us what they want so we cab only guesstimate.
I feed her once every 2 days. could it be the reason why my T molted before she laid a sac?
because some people said that the T need more food after mated so she'll have enough energy and nutrient to laid a sac. and the T also eat like she's just molted when she's gravid. So I was thinking that my T really gravid when she ate a lot

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I already read the Tarantula Keepers Guide, but can't find the detail information about feeding Tarantula after mate.
If you do find the information, please share it with me on what page I can get that information. Thanks @metallica @baddestruffest :)
even tough this book is not "the tarantula breeders guide" as Stann himself puts it, the book does answer your original question:My question :
Is there any possibilities for the female to lay an eggsack after molt.
Because even tho she already molted, her abdomen is still looks kinda plump
on page 101

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
i agree but luck.kicks in sometimes
No.
Luck has nothing to do with it.
Sperm is stored in the spermathecae (or uterus externus? I don't know how it works with species that do not have spermathecae), which are shed, sperm and all, on every molt.

If laid, a sac will be infertile.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
No.
Luck has nothing to do with it.
Sperm is stored in the spermathecae (or uterus externus? I don't know how it works with species that do not have spermathecae), which are shed, sperm and all, on every molt.

If laid, a sac will be infertile.
oh ok but some other place i read it still has a chance but i listen to experienced owners and members.