E. murinis out for some attention =D

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
throughout the past week my E. Muranis has actually been out of its hide...everyday. when i wake up, when i get home, before i go to bed. always out doing something new. is this not odd behavior since they are obligated burrowers? just wondering. i like seeing here out now {D{D{D

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One question : Do you have a lamp on the other side of the room opposite the T cage? Just wondering because mine of different species are out when that's the only light on at night. Wonder if they have an instinct to wait in ambush for moths attracted to light.. :?

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
throughout the past week my E. Muranis has actually been out of its hide...everyday. when i wake up, when i get home, before i go to bed. always out doing something new. is this not odd behavior since they are obligated burrowers? just wondering. i like seeing here out now {D{D{D
Do you have a male?

Or could it be very hungry? My two obligate burrowers (different Haplopelma species) are out all the time about once a month. I feed all of my Ts once a week, usually 1-2 crickets per feeding. Once a month or so, the burrowers are out looking for more.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

I believe it to b male, not sure, and it molted 2 or 3 weeks ago and hasnt eaten since. once i pick up some crickets il give him some food

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd say something isn't right if that's what your E. murinus is doing all the time...

Would you mind supplying a picture of the enclosure?

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

I believe it to b male, not sure, and it molted 2 or 3 weeks ago and hasnt eaten since. once i pick up some crickets il give him some food
Let me see a photo from the dorsal (top) side. I bet money that is not a E. murinus.

The T pictured looks very New World.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do not have a picture of the enclosure atm but its a large critter keeper, ventalation is slightly taped up to keep in moisture, mist once or twise a week with a water bowl that is his size. also has a wooden hide in the corner. I think he is just hungry.

I got this from Ken and i have compared it to other E. Muranus pictures. they look the same to me.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Let me see a photo from the dorsal (top) side. I bet money that is not a E. murinus.

The T pictured looks very New World.
Note that that picture was taken after i just transferred him to his new cage cause the other had mites so thats why he is on the wall. this also has only happend in the past week. only a couple of weeks after he molted and he has been stubborn to eat since he did.

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Note that that picture was taken after i just transferred him to his new cage cause the other had mites so thats why he is on the wall. this also has only happend in the past week. only a couple of weeks after he molted and he has been stubborn to eat since he did.
Definately is an E. murinus. I would have lost money.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hahaha. are not E. Muranus from south america? therefore makeing them new world T's. A little more defensive then most but new world non the less no?

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hahaha. are not E. Muranus from south america? therefore makeing them new world T's. A little more defensive then most but new world non the less no?
Yes, they are from the French Guiana, and N.E. Brazil. From the ventral side, it just looked awfully hairy to be an E. murinus. Not sure if you know this or not, but this species has it's urticating hairs on it's pedipals. I will be getting my MM on Thursday. My female is due to molt anyday, so hopefully I will have E. murinus slings in my future. They are one of my top 5 favorites.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
4in, in her old cage she made a burrow in 3in, after the mites i gave her more for her size. she molted and grew a lot. probably should put more in though.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes, they are from the French Guiana, and N.E. Brazil. From the ventral side, it just looked awfully hairy to be an E. murinus. Not sure if you know this or not, but this species has it's urticating hairs on it's pedipals. I will be getting my MM on Thursday. My female is due to molt anyday, so hopefully I will have E. murinus slings in my future. They are one of my top 5 favorites.
yea i heard about the hairs. never seen him flick them. he isnt that defensive even. i could probably hold him if i wanted. and good luck with the slings!