Dying or sick T blondi?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Hello. My T. blondi has been on a hunger strike for about 2-3 months now. It is about 6" legspan.

He lost a leg a while ago and has been doing ok without it. However, the coloration of him worries me. He is missing allot of brown hair for months now, and is really black under the legs. The past 4 days the rump is turing black.

Can this be a upcoming molt of do you think he has health problems? He is not moving much. He sits near or in the water dish occasionally.

Should I be worried?

And no........I don't have itchys from him. He is the tamest Goliath Birdeater ever due to holding him weekly!

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From the look of the abdomen he looks healthy, and the darkening could be an upcoming molt. If he's sitting near the water dish it means he need some more humidity. It's probably just an upcoming molt, so just let him chill and give him a few days. Take all cricks out and just leave him alone. In a few days your blondi should be all nice looking with new hairs. So just raise the humidity and leave him be should turn out OK.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would say it is going to molt soon. That is one bald abdomen.

forgot to say that you should'nt bother her now

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That spider is molt any time now...just leave him be...post some pics when does pop...

Good Luck...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
t blondi

well.....

I check the following:

Daily check to make sure that there is 65-70% humidity on gage (before misting) 80-90% after misting.

78 degrees all day and night maintained.

Seinfeld-

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ChrisNCT said:
well.....

I check the following:

Daily check to make sure that there is 65-70% humidity on gage (before misting) 80-90% after misting.

78 degrees all day and night maintained.
hmm. im stumped. :?

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd say let the temp drop a few degress at night. It will let the T know the difference between night and day, the constant temp maybe irritating it, and if the temp is always up, so is there metabolism and energy since theyre extothermic. They need a time for their body to slow down and simulate a "sleep" like stage. Other than that the humidity sounds good. The T just wants alot of moisture because of an upcoming molt.