dubia questions

pedro041484

Arachnopeon
i started with only 13 dubia nymphs..last october.. now i have a couple of hundred i think.. and still growing..:) it's fun to watch them grow and multiply :D

Digby Rigby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dubia breeding

They like fruit. You also need more protein as stated above. For dog food good results have been had with Solid Gold Wolf King. I found it in Petco. It has no dyes or hormones or any crap the main ingredients are bison, salmon and blueberry. When high reproduction rates are the goal signifigantly more protein and fat are needed then just keeping as pets. Keep them dark and not in too large of a container. They like tight and dark. and if you raise the temperature to 90 degrees you should see even more activity. also its good to wait until you have at least 2 generations before feeding off. Males live on average a little less than half as long as females as adults.

Digby Rigby balboa28279@mypacks.net

theloner

Arachnopeon
Thanks man. I really appreciate the help and I'm sure all my T's will too. If you have any other advice like that, please don't hesitate to send it along.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use the cheapest dog food I can find, has worked well for close to a year now. Ol' Roy. Cheap stuff is less likely to have additives like pesticides I suspect.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just thought I would add that I also keep mine at room temp. which is about 70 degrees. I started with 500 and I now have thousands less than a year later. They do like to eat tho..... :)

AaronP

Arachnopeon
Roach Food Dishes ???

I keep a few different species of non climbing roach and here is what i do for food and water for my dubias, discoids, b. giganticus ( giant cave roach ) and b lateralis. I buy the really cheap plastic cat food dishes ( 1-3 $ @ wal-mart- 2 sizes at the wal mart where i live) they are the colored double dishes for food and water...then i take a piece of sandpaper and rough up the outside, top lip, and inside of the food dish down to the bottom. BAMMO!!! a cheap, climbable, & washable food dish.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I keep a few different species of non climbing roach and here is what i do for food and water for my dubias, discoids, b. giganticus ( giant cave roach ) and b lateralis. I buy the really cheap plastic cat food dishes ( 1-3 $ @ wal-mart- 2 sizes at the wal mart where i live) they are the colored double dishes for food and water...then i take a piece of sandpaper and rough up the outside, top lip, and inside of the food dish down to the bottom. BAMMO!!! a cheap, climbable, & washable food dish.
Nice idea! :clap: