Dr Acula's Enclosures

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Reallly nice set ups!!! I try to encourage my customers to do thingd similiar but you really took it to the extreme...very well done!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Reallly nice set ups!!! I try to encourage my customers to do thingd similiar but you really took it to the extreme...very well done!
Thanks Ken! Once I get an arboreal lid for my 10g, I'll be doing my first live plant enclosure so that'll be fun

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
HOLY crap. Seriously? I have just one something for once? :) I just took a wing at it. Kinda pictured it to stay dry, and i actually almost chose something else, but changed my mind. OH YEAH! haha. I could take you up on it. How about the biggest one you got? About the size of a hot tub should do, i can hook up some plumbing, and go from there. Thanks.
We have a winner :D Interested in the BarkBowl catfishrod69?

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Major props to you since I removed her from my inverts list so people couldn't find it too easily {D Hahaha well maybe not as big as a hot tub but I can still do a fairly large one since I've got a lot of bark to my disposal :) any sizes in mind? I can do anything smaller than a large dog bowl

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks. I just randomly picked a good arboreal dry loving tarantula. Well whatever you wish, as large as you want to go works for me. If i like it, i might make some too. Dont they get pretty hard to clean out?

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alright cool, I'll get started asap.

I just fill em up, dump out the water, and wipe it down. Any bowl glued to a stick or wall is gunnu be harder to clean though. You can always just suck up the water with a syringe and wipe away the residues. Definitely not dishwasher friendly {D

Since the ones I make use natural bark, they're more prone to molding so an arid enclosure would work best. Be my guest to use cork bark instead! I'd love to see how that comes out :D

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sounds good to me. Maybe this one will enjoy a H. maculata females enclosure too. If i like them, i will try it with corkbark.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First large arboreal setup! Built the lid myself, once again, inspired by robc.

The new resident checking things out

Everything went swell :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
really cool bro.. youll never see that cambridgei again lol.. lots of hiding spots.
Are those the neon pothos? I dig em.. going to have to get some myself

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
really cool bro.. youll never see that cambridgei again lol.. lots of hiding spots.
Are those the neon pothos? I dig em.. going to have to get some myself
Haha that just means she'll be very comfortable :)
Those are actually fake plants I had left over to hold the place for the neon pothos, waiting a month for the pesticides to wear off :mask: I'll be posting a whole new set of pictures when the pothos are planted :D

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol.. i feel dumb now thats 2x i been fooled by plants
Only the close up pic was telling, you can see too much uniformity to the leaves and a litttle texture of the material, but a very very nice setup. I'm trying for a few really good ones soon myself. :)

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
these projects were really inspiring!!!
Thank you! I give a lot of credit to Robc, his enclosures are what inspired me :)

Only the close up pic was telling, you can see too much uniformity to the leaves and a litttle texture of the material, but a very very nice setup. I'm trying for a few really good ones soon myself. :)
The P. cam that's living there now will be my first breeding project so I just went all out. I'll be doing the same when my P. metallica matures. Hope all goes well with your future setups :D

Danimal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What's the size of the large setup you last posted? 10 gallon?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
looks like a 5gal, but i could be wrong.. a 10 gal is HUGE
a 5gal vertical dwarves a 8" poeci