Does this price seem good?

Athlon2k2

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think they usually go for $5-12. That sounds like a good deal to me.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Spider Pharm is usually cheap but they experiment with their experiments. I dont trust them...just my $0.02

ChuckKristensen

Arachnopeon
Yep, we experiment with our experiments ....

Hi,

Abyss is right. We do experiment with our experiments and this product is still very much in development.

We have been testing the market for affordable products that we can provide for use in education and science projects.

At the moment, we are also brainstorming, developing, researching and running several experiments using the species that we are offering and we are also getting feedback from customers, students, hobbyists and other enthusiasts and have also been giving talks and presentations.

This is helping us to design and develop better resources.

It is also one heck-uv-a-lot-of fun at times!

We are not trying to develop a significant presence pet trade market. We chose to develop around Vaejovis spinigerus because it is very hardy, large enough, relatively non-hazardous, can be collected in large numbers without damaging populations and can be bred in captivity.

We're experimenting with that too.

btw: Anyone who has supplied animals to any of the major biological supply houses should know that these prices are not all that cheap.

Chuck
spiderpharm.com

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can attest that Chuck provides good specimen.

I have received somewhere in the range of 30-50 specimen from him in the past. Never one DOA and all have done their "job". (Females have birthed, males have mated.)

He is a good guy, communicates and processes orders quickly and provides a good product. Spiderpharm is a top notch family business that all should model themselves after.

Ed

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So-weet, even though I prob wont be ordering anymore live animals till next year.

ChuckKristensen

Arachnopeon
What kind of experiments do you do?
Not a lot with scorpions ... yet. We are making some general observations and experimenting with ways to breed and raise these in large numbers.

For schools, we're working on anatomy and behavior guides as well as experiments with pheromones, sensory hairs, fluorescence and toxinology.

Any suggestions? Do you have suggestions for science projects for kids?

Best,
Chuck

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Haha dyslexia made me say experiments twice I ment experiment with specimens. I'm not gonna lie I have ordered from spiderpharm as well.

drummindan2007

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
$3.95 is dirt cheap for just about any adult scorp. I used to own a few V. spinigerus. Very active litte guys.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Considering I HATE Vaejovidae yes... the only reason I don't like them is they are a pain in the butt to pack. :mad:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Haha true that. You blink and there gone.
-Eddy
p.s didnt V. spin go through a genus change?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not that i know of, but i tend to ignore self proclaimed "scorpiologists" who post their papers on the internet. (no offense, dang i don't even have to say that, none of those people would browse such a 'useless' forum)

seriously... after the revamp of the hottenetotta genus, I have no faith in these people. I told them what would happen. They look different, hobbiest would still refer to them as "cabos" or "gagngiatus".

and yes i know i just spelled a lot of stuff wrong :liar:

K3jser

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They did change the genus.. its now Hoffmannius spinigerus now..

kbekker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not that i know of, but i tend to ignore self proclaimed "scorpiologists" who post their papers on the internet. (no offense, dang i don't even have to say that, none of those people would browse such a 'useless' forum)
...I don't get that comment, but here is the reference for the change
http://www.science.marshall.edu/fet/euscorpius/p2008_71.pdf

It is posted on the internet, but it appears to be in a peer reviewed journal.