Does she look gravid or overfed?

worldsparadox

Arachnopeon
my desert hairy has totally balooned up in the last few weeks. Im almost positive that it is a girl, but i didnt think she was even mature yet, AND i have not put her with any males. How long can they hold sperm? How long are they gravid before they show? can i tell if she is gravid or just fat? i have stopped feedings for a little over a week now but she almost seems to have gotten bigger! here are some before and after pics

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow shes chubby:p My guess is shes gravid.

I wonder if scorpions can retain sperm??

Ive had many scorpions get gravid way after buying them.

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow shes chubby:p My guess is shes gravid.

I wonder if scorpions can retain sperm??

Ive had many scorpions get gravid way after buying them.
It is quite common for scorps to 'become' gravid in captivity. Some species do, infact retain sperm for later use. This is ussually refered to as a 'double clutch'. Leiurus qinquestriatus, for example, is especially known for this. I'm not 100% on Hadrurus sp but it wouldn't suprise me.

freeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have the same story with my female. now she sealed enterance to the burrow and is sitting inside for about a month now.

Sarcastro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she does appear to be gravid.if you had a clearer shot you might be able to see embryo's, she might be a WC and had already mated before purchase.H arizonensis will some time store sperm, the most common species to do this is L.quinquestriatus & B.jacksoni which are know to sometimes have up to 4 clutches

worldsparadox

Arachnopeon
This is the clearest sideshot i could get.
so i fed her 2 pinhead crickets yesterday just cuz she looked hungry and thats all I had and she has gotten even bigger then before, like bigger then just two pinheads... the top segments were never spread out like that before.

Last edited:

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My Hadrurus Arizonensis Pallidus been like that for the last month or so. So yeah I would say that she's pregnant. :clap: