Does anyone order through priority?

cold blood

Staff member
I consider anything between 40 and 80 (maybe 85) to be good shipping temps, and with proper packing 2 day isn't an issue at all. While many of the bigger stores only offer LAG with over night, many of the smaller ones or private sellers do in fact offer LAG (JRsInverts is an example)...I don't think its as rare as many people are led to believe.

Here's how I look at it...if you are from most places in Europe, buying means 3-5 or more days in the mail, so our 2 day is still twice as quick as they deal with, and they don't have issues with 3-5 day shipping....why should we have such issues that over-night seems to be the only way to go or that 2 day is something to even bat an eye at.....for many of our European friends 2 day shipping would be an absolute dream.;)

I've shipped and had a lot of ts shipped to me with 2 day and never had a single loss in either direction. In fact, the only losses I ever had were ironically from overnight shipping.

Large orders or shipping during bad weather times should always be done with overnight if possible, but for the most part, people should only worry about 2 day shipping when dealing with inexperienced shippers.

Ryuti

Arachnopeon
I've ordered 5 tarantulas online and the only DOA I got was a .5 inch rosea freebie with the first T i bought.

If you're getting something like a P. Metallica, M. Balfouri.. ANY mature adult, then I would go with the next day.

But i've never had an issue with 2 day.

Ryuti

Arachnopeon
Or extreme intellectual curiosity
Wish that was how my parents viewed it.

They say I have "a zoo" (2 geckos and a bearded dragon, what an awful zoo LOL) and that I cant get anything else until im out of the house.

Not that they know about the spiders though. ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wish that was how my parents viewed it.

They say I have "a zoo" (2 geckos and a bearded dragon, what an awful zoo LOL) and that I cant get anything else until im out of the house.

Not that they know about the spiders though. ;)
Your parents are in desperate need of re-education, I suggest you start with electro-shock therapy. ;)

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I consider anything between 40 and 80 (maybe 85) to be good shipping temps, and with proper packing 2 day isn't an issue at all. While many of the bigger stores only offer LAG with over night, many of the smaller ones or private sellers do in fact offer LAG (JRsInverts is an example)...I don't think its as rare as many people are led to believe.

Here's how I look at it...if you are from most places in Europe, buying means 3-5 or more days in the mail, so our 2 day is still twice as quick as they deal with, and they don't have issues with 3-5 day shipping....why should we have such issues that over-night seems to be the only way to go or that 2 day is something to even bat an eye at.....for many of our European friends 2 day shipping would be an absolute dream.;)

I've shipped and had a lot of ts shipped to me with 2 day and never had a single loss in either direction. In fact, the only losses I ever had were ironically from overnight shipping.

Large orders or shipping during bad weather times should always be done with overnight if possible, but for the most part, people should only worry about 2 day shipping when dealing with inexperienced shippers.
Don't mean to bump up this thread, but @cold blood can you make some room in your inbox?