Does Anyone Know??

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi everyone, emp died a while ago, dont worry im over it now, he was a old boy. I put it in the freezer to stop im going bad he's keep perfect, wondered if anyone knows how to preserve scorps, want to put them on display, any help would be great, cheers dave

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
FortCooper1982 said:
Hi everyone, emp died a while ago, dont worry im over it now, he was a old boy. I put it in the freezer to stop im going bad he's keep perfect, wondered if anyone knows how to preserve scorps, want to put them on display, any help would be great, cheers dave
In the FREEZER!?!?!??, you should put them in isopropyl alcohol. If you want to mount them in clear plastic/acrylic, they sell kits at hobby/craft shops for just such purposes.

Last edited:

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
carpe scorpio said:
In the FREEZER!?!?!??, you should put them in isopropyl alcohol. If you want to mount them is clear plastic/acrylic, they sell kits at hobby/craft shops for just such purposes.

Ok, is that all i need to put on him. Just cant bring myself to throw him away as he still looks so cool. Freezer works fine he hasn't aged a bit!

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
do a search, this topic has already been discussed in plenty of threads.

demolitionlover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alchohol works great if you have airtight containers. The only thing is they seem to suck in the liquid and they get fatter.
Im looking into resin now. It lets you display them better than in a jar with alchohol. Use the search option here. You can find alot about it. : )

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Iv'e used the search didn't help me that much as want him in a frame not a jar, was thinking more along the lines of clear varnish or something like that. Just bought some clear acrylic gloss varnish, sets like rock, hope it works, only got one shot if it doesn't work he will rot away, poor :-(