Does anyone know why this little snake won't eat?

sintakz

Arachnopeon
I caught this snake on the side of the highway since I knew it was inevitable that it would get hit soon so I decided to rear it. I had snakes before but they were a baby corn snake and a ball python both of which feed on mice. The problem with this guy is that he is pretty small and I doubt he could dislocate his jaw enough for a little pinkie so I decided to feed him some crix (god how I have grown to hate the late night "music" although I must admit the crix are kinda cute). Although the number of crickets have gone down I think it was just the crickets eating each other. I had put no food in for them since I expected them all gone rather fast but now that they are still around I put in some dog food and they seem to be keeping steadily at around 5-7 crickets ( I haven't taken the time to fully count them all ). Attached will be some pictures, could it be that this species doesn't feed on crickets? I doubt it is venomous but this thing sure is aggressive. What is it with Florida and aggressiveness?

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
feed it baby pinky/fuzzy mice.
it can eat them.

sintakz

Arachnopeon
feed it baby pinky/fuzzy mice.
it can eat them.
Will do, btw, I was just looking through a florida snake identification guide and I can't find this little bugger anywhere, I guess I will check for other areas.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Will do, btw, I was just looking through a florida snake identification guide and I can't find this little bugger anywhere, I guess I will check for other areas.
looks to be a racer.
what ssp, i dont know.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup, baby black racer alright,yeah they are everywhere in fla,i see them all the time,they may take insects as babies but i doubt it,very small pinkies/lizards is what they'll most likely eat,you can try earthworms aswell,and yeah aggressiveness is their nature{D

sintakz

Arachnopeon
Yup its a racer and to think I got bitten by one while in the woods a few months back. I guess the name is a misnomer when it comes to the juvenilles of the species.