Does anyone know how to help C. Sculpturatus recover from household pesticide?

CritterKeeper21

Arachnosquire
Most of my C. Sculpturatus are wild-caught in my home and my family regularly sprays for other common pests (my area is bad for crickets and cockroaches). The poison is supposed to "slow scorpions down" but I don't really have more information besides that. I have a quarantine tank they stay in for a few weeks but, besides watching to make sure that they don't get eaten by the feeders while they are regaining mobility, I don't know how to aid them in their recovery. Does anyone know how to help them recover?

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
Most of my C. Sculpturatus are wild-caught in my home and my family regularly sprays for other common pests (my area is bad for crickets and cockroaches). The poison is supposed to "slow scorpions down" but I don't really have more information besides that. I have a quarantine tank they stay in for a few weeks but, besides watching to make sure that they don't get eaten by the feeders while they are regaining mobility, I don't know how to aid them in their recovery. Does anyone know how to help them recover?
Is your tarantula seeming twitchy and uncoordinated? If so, it could be dyskenetic syndrome, many people think its associated with exposure to pestisides, and the end result is usually death. I hope for the best

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Square 1, ascertain what the exact chemical is. Read the precautions carefully. 2. Start calling up vets. You may get lucky.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
All you can really do is try and get it to drink lots of water and hope it pulls through and starts eating. I recently rescued a, not a scorpion, but a Scolopendra polymorpha that came into contact with pesticides around the perimiter of the facility, and I allowed it to immediately drink as much water as possible and try and get it to feed. Whether or not it dies or lives is pretty much out of your control anyway.

CritterKeeper21

Arachnosquire
Make sure they have plenty of water available and let time do the rest.
Thanks! Seems to be doing better already.
Is your tarantula seeming twitchy and uncoordinated? If so, it could be dyskenetic syndrome, many people think its associated with exposure to pestisides, and the end result is usually death. I hope for the best
It's not a tarantula.
All you can really do is try and get it to drink lots of water and hope it pulls through and starts eating. I recently rescued a, not a scorpion, but a Scolopendra polymorpha that came into contact with pesticides around the perimiter of the facility, and I allowed it to immediately drink as much water as possible and try and get it to feed. Whether or not it dies or lives is pretty much out of your control anyway.
Thanks! It hasn't had much interest in water or prey so far but it does seem to be less awkward looking and a bit more mobile. Still ignoring the cricket though lol