Do you think she's ready?

SpiderQueenLizzy

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! Long time no see. Just wanted to post something about one of my t's again. Nothing life threatening (hopefully). Lately, my juvenile green bottle blue stoped eating 7 weeks ago. Now she has put a thick wall of webbing around the entrance of her hide. She has been very reclusive (hehe) lately but still very much alive since she'll move whenever i tap her webbing. What do you think? Is she ready for a moult? She did do this before when she molted.
20171014_115028.jpg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hey everyone! Long time no see. Just wanted to post something about one of my t's again. Nothing life threatening (hopefully). Lately, my juvenile green bottle blue stoped eating 7 weeks ago. Now she has put a thick wall of webbing around the entrance of her hide. She has been very reclusive (hehe) lately but still very much alive since she'll move whenever i tap her webbing. What do you think? Is she ready for a moult? She did do this before when she molted.
View attachment 254767
Sounds like pre molt. Keep the water dish full and leave it alone. If it is not pre molt it will eventually come out hunting again. If it is pre molt, it will molt first, then come out hunting (and drinking) again after a couple weeks.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Sounds like premoult, my girl moulted today after about a month of hiding in the corner of her enclosure and not eating.

AshS

Arachnosquire
My GBB did this after a moult. Sealed up his hide and stayed in there for weeks. But he was still trying to catch food through the webbing. He finally came out during last night. Found a hole in his Webb this morning.