Do T’s only do this when stressed?

lwinther47

Arachnopeon
I have a question, I know that tarantulas hide under their legs when stressed or under other circumstances too? Mine is pretty much always kinda hiding or maybe just bringing them a bit closer than he does when walking. I have a b. Boehmei, aka a spider known for being nervous and stressed so it makes sense, but I’m curios. Is my baby just all the time stressed or can he also do that when he’s chilling/sleeping? B6FC574B-9089-4186-9D79-5C3D6C050397.jpeg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
When you make it crawl over your hands and face its probably going to be stressed. You should stop bothering it like that.

The handling is probably whats keeping it from being more relaxed in its enclosure.

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Any time I do anything with or for my boehmei, he bolts for his hide or kicks. If I drop in food, he kicks. If I grab his water dish to clean it and fill it, he instantly bolts for his hide. If he notices the shadow of my hand passing over his enclosure as I reach for a completely different enclosure, he bolts or kicks. It's just the way mine is. Not sure there's anything to be done about it.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Any time I do anything with or for my boehmei, he bolts for his hide or kicks. If I drop in food, he kicks. If I grab his water dish to clean it and fill it, he instantly bolts for his hide. If he notices the shadow of my hand passing over his enclosure as I reach for a completely different enclosure, he bolts or kicks. It's just the way mine is. Not sure there's anything to be done about it.
This almost sounds like normal behavior for the species...it's sort of what they are known for doing.

lwinther47

Arachnopeon
When you make it crawl over your hands and face its probably going to be stressed. You should stop bothering it like that.

The handling is probably whats keeping it from being more relaxed in its enclosure.
Thank u love! I try to handle his not too often

Why would you risk getting 'Haired' in the eyes?
The times I handle him I don’t just put him right on my face, I make sure he’s calmed and chill

Thank u so much for telling me and taking time on me, and yes they are very individual!

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
All B boehmei owners know this classic way.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The species is like this, not just yours. :rolleyes:

My AF no different.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
The T on the face......the cringe is unbearable... Thanos!! Take us back with your magic glove thingy!

Every tarantula has its own personality, but the most common sign of stress is tucking their front legs in front of them. but the only reason that T is stressed is because of handling. If you leave it in it's enclosure with some proper care, it will be a happy camper : ) and don't pay any mind to the jokes, but definitely take the advice. Everyone is here to help you. Even though it don't seem that way. Even ole bubby here will help. : )