Do people ever trade Ts for goods?

Sharno

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If this belongs in the trade/sell forum, please move.

I think there's a trade forum in Craigslist, and I believe I saw a guy trading his Ts for a watch(?) a week or so ago? But do people ever trade their Ts/slings for gear, electronics, goods, or hobby related gears (enclosures, etc) rather than money? I haven't come across anything like that in the forums, but was curious.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's yours to do what you want with . . . Not the usual however, but if thats what you want then ya.
Plus it's craigs list don't be surprised by what you see .

Sharno

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's yours to do what you want with . . . Not the usual however, but if thats what you want then ya.
Plus it's craigs list don't be surprised by what you see .
No, I mean would people be interested in it on here.

rockhopper

Arachnosquire
I trade in Ts all the time! Sometimes for money, sometimes for other things. Not on craigslist though, but with other people I know in the hobby.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive traded goods for tarantulas.. 32 gig ipod was the only thing i gave up (got ipod for free:sarcasm:)
I see adds for trades HERE on the forums quite frequently.. Ive seen people trading for stereo equip, ol skool nintendo stuff, G-shock watches etc..

Point is
" one mans trash is anothers tarantula :biggrin:"

A while ago i even told some members i had a 40" Samsung Smart LED i would trade for the right package (but was KIND OF joking.. who knows what i would have done if i got a sweet enough deal.)

Sharno

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ive traded goods for tarantulas.. 32 gig ipod was the only thing i gave up (got ipod for free:sarcasm:)
I see adds for trades HERE on the forums quite frequently.. Ive seen people trading for stereo equip, ol skool nintendo stuff, G-shock watches etc..

Point is
" one mans trash is anothers tarantula :biggrin:"

A while ago i even told some members i had a 40" Samsung Smart LED i would trade for the right package (but was KIND OF joking.. who knows what i would have done if i got a sweet enough deal.)
People with lots of slings should post stuff they are looking for!

You never know.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lol.. people will be cluckin off ALL their possessions trying to get their next t fix... damn addiction..

While there ARE pros to trading possessions for tarantulas for both parties, i would imagine it also could create a ton of problems as well.
About once a week (at least) lately i see a thread started about how somebody shorted somebody or got over on them in some deal.. Inquiries, warnings, bad reviews and so on..This is with MONEY and secured transactions through smart choices like paypal..
Imagine how much more chaotic things could get dealing with cross country trades of objects/electronics etc.. i see alot of room for mishaps.

This rant isnt meant to bash dealings on AB, or to deter newer members from the classifieds, its just an example. For every ONE person getting ripped off there is 50 getting MORE THAN hooked up. I truly feel the classifieds on this site provides the best and safest place to order tarantulas. To all who have never made purchases off AB before, i seriously recommend trying it (just be smart and THOROUGHLY read the fs add .. ask the seller questions till you have a CLEAR understanding of whats going on) im sure you will be glad you did

On topic, i would personally leave the trading goods for ts to sites like craigslist and/or local breeders and hobbiests.. Lets keep the drama off these forums guys

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I trade tarantulas both for tarantulas and tarantula keeping items. Im actually in the process of this right now.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^cant have one without the other bro.. THAT is a type of trade i could condone being made on these forums.. or even for enclosures and such.. trading possessions for tarantulas like video games/watches/chinese finger traps etc sort of takes away from the slings/animals themselves, and TO ME makes me take the hobby less seriously.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I hear you. I mainly trade for vials, roaches, cork bark, or other tarantulas.
^cant have one without the other bro.. THAT is a type of trade i could condone being made on these forums.. or even for enclosures and such.. trading possessions for tarantulas like video games/watches/chinese finger traps etc sort of takes away from the slings/animals themselves, and TO ME makes me take the hobby less seriously.