Do glowspot roaches make clicking noises?

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
I've got a few glowspot roaches of the species Lucihormetica verrucosa not long ago, and usually at night I hear some sort of clicking noise coming from their box. They're all still nymphs and created a lovely little underground system of tunnels (I gave them lots of dirt when I heard they love to burrow), I just can't tell if it's the dirt/tiny rocks hitting the plastic as they dig or if they are making the noises themselves. It's so weird.

Either way I love these little guys, they eat everything and are absolutely adorable. Never realised how sad and cute the shape of roach eyes is in person, it's the best.

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Glad you are enjoying them, hopefully I can start a colony of that species as well soon!

That is almost certainly the sound of their legs scratching the plastic as they dig around at the bottom of the enclosure. lol

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
Wow I picked one up the other day and it continued making the noise in my hand for a bit! I have no idea how. If they don't naturally make any noises I suspect some corner in their exoskeleton + tiny rocks from the dirt + movement creating that noise. Like rock scrubbing against rocks. Such a weird thing. Thought I was going crazy there :rofl: