Do burgandy goliaths get close to the size of blondi

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi can someone shed some light ? Do burgandy goliaths get as large as normal goliaths seems you can't find any so called goliaths out there or theraphosa blondi.

Does anyone keep stirmi do you like them?

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have kept both stirmi and blondi, and loved it for about 9 seconds. then came the never ending itch. i am very allergic to their urticating bristles. not fun, each reaction lasts on average 4 to 6 weeks, sometimes longer. and the entire time my hands and arms and anywhere the bristles have come in contact is covered in itchy little blisters. no thank you! and to answer your question, the 3 species of Theraphosa are pretty similar in size.

J

Last edited:

Arachtion

Arachnobaron
they should get up to the same size as blondi before 2008 or so they were considered they same species

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...di-amp-stirmi-comparison&highlight=theraphosa

you might find this link helpful

the trick however is to get either one to their legendary size with out having problems with them.
Yeah I hear that, I'm absolutely gutted my "sexed" female matured as a male recently as he was doing super well under my care, never a bad moult

RedDragon13

Arachnopeon
I have a question that goes along the same lines, Why is the Blondi so much more expensive/rare?

Arachtion

Arachnobaron
I have a question that goes along the same lines, Why is the Blondi so much more expensive/rare?
Just far less common, and size wise the difference is unaccountable, neither are bigger you may get an exceptionally large specimen of either of them, tbh the only real difference is blondi have hairier legs, I don't see why they command such more money

hoffcass17

Arachnopeon
I have a stirmi, and I love him. He's actually a great show species. I've had him 3 years now and he matured about a year ago. I am not allergic to the urticating hairs though, and he does like to flick them, so be prepared. Other than that I've never had a problem. He molted well, although he isn't the greatest eater. He went almost a year before a meal this last time. And yes, he is large! He is 10 inches LS.

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really like mine. I have a large female. She is very defensive and eats all the time. She is the only spider I have that has femurs that look like they belong on a big land crab. :biggrin:

Last edited: