DKS? Or am I being paranoid?

Apollo Justice

Arachnoknight
I received a t today and she didn't seem to want to use her back legs. It doesn't look like any damage to the legs themselves. I've received multiple T's through the mail and didn't have this issue. I'm I just being paranoid cause all the DKS videos?? Or does it just sound like she's a little stressed out. And as always thank you for looking and help would be greatly appreciated

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
DKS is typically defined by what appears an over exaggerated spasm not non use.

Most DKS (which is a bunch of different symptoms to a yet unknown complication, i.e.: there is no official DKS disease/et all) have rapid, uncontrolled movement of limbs in a "spastic" type of way. There are the occasional total non-movement but most are the twitchy movements, again not non-use.

It may just be stressed or got injured during the shipment. Keep watch and see if things develop into something else or worsens.

Apollo Justice

Arachnoknight
Ok well that makes me feel a little bit better. the species was an M. Robustum and I was told that they lock their back legs up as a defense So that what she may have been doing.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok well that makes me feel a little bit better. the species was an M. Robustum and I was told that they lock their back legs up as a defense So that what she may have been doing.
Aye that could be as well.. Keep an eye, they get so stressed with shipments. I couldn't imagine being in a box shipped around with some of the people and things I've seen them do with packages. It's honestly amazing they ever come out alive but for the great packing jobs *we* have to do to over come it.

Best of luck!