diy bamboo reptile cage

invertoholic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
anyone ever do one of these? i have some really beautiful lengths of large diameter Chinese bamboo and would like to build a rather tall and wide tank using bamboo on the back and sides and maybe a plexi glass front with a small storage area underneath if i find this project feasible i will start building and posting my progress if any are interested

invertoholic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
come on people like NONE of you have EVER wanted to build your own creamdream tank? i am asking for advice as to what you guys would hook it up with ie: gadgets dodads and nickknacks lmao

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wish I had some advice on this! I'm sure something really spectacular could come of this so be sure to post up some pictures when its finished!

invertoholic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh i will i have been working out what all i will need to complete the project in a tasteful and practical fashion a friend online sent me some pics of one he built using chinese reeds and it looked pretty good so im modding his design to allow my bamboo it will have a wooden top framing and bottom with 2 half doors on the bottom for all the gadgets ie; lighting and vent controls and timers and a small feeder tank i have been trying to find 2" vents that i can use that can house 1." fans for air exchange i have also found a site that retails polymers for the front "window" panel so i won't have to use heavy and dangerous glass in it only in the top and that pane will be somewhat thick tempered glass that i came across i will post pics as soon as it is done and stocked with whatever i choose to house in it im thinking some nice evil lil geckos or moving my honduran milk snake into it since she seems to like a more vertical cage