Disturbed moult

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone,
So before people start to panic a little I didn't actually flip my spider during a moult or anything daft like that. Basically last night as usual I checked on all my animals before going to sleep. Shining my torch not directly in the enclosure but enough to let me see them clearly. Everyone was happy and my B. Hamorii was on its back getting ready for a moult(which by the way I've been hoping for for weeks now) after shining my torch on him he decided just to flip over again and behave as If nothing happened. Now I've seen lots of guys use lights to get good footage of Ts moulting so I've no idea why the light would have made him flip back over. So my question is has anyone came across this before and how long will it take him to attempt it again?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Its not a sling but yeah i know there is no exact timescale on it, I'm hoping within the next few days it will successfully moult.
Probably more like within the next few hours (if it hasn't flipped back over already). Tarantulas, especially larger ones, spend a long time on their backs before starting the molting process. You just interrupted it before it started, so it was able to flip back over in the event the light it saw was dangerous. Once it flips back over and starts to molt, it will be immobile

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hey everyone,
So before people start to panic a little I didn't actually flip my spider during a moult or anything daft like that. Basically last night as usual I checked on all my animals before going to sleep. Shining my torch not directly in the enclosure but enough to let me see them clearly. Everyone was happy and my B. Hamorii was on its back getting ready for a moult(which by the way I've been hoping for for weeks now) after shining my torch on him he decided just to flip over again and behave as If nothing happened. Now I've seen lots of guys use lights to get good footage of Ts moulting so I've no idea why the light would have made him flip back over. So my question is has anyone came across this before and how long will it take him to attempt it again?
Not uncommon, it should flip back over when ready and molt without issue. As much as you may want to observe them during this process, its best to keep disturbances at a minimum.

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
Not uncommon, it should flip back over when ready and molt without issue. As much as you may want to observe them during this process, its best to keep disturbances at a minimum.
I'm away for the whole weekend now so I've topped up its water dish and hopefully with a few days in peace I'll come back to a freshly moulted T:)

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
Probably more like within the next few hours (if it hasn't flipped back over already)
Well that's what I was hoping for. I went to bed around 11 on Thursday when I disturbed it and I was expecting it to attempt it again that night. Nothing yet though.