Disappointed with Steel City Reptile show

jeryst

Arachnopeon
I went to the Steel City Reptile show on Saturday, down in Washington, PA. which is south of Pittsburgh.

There were only two vendors that had T's. One had a few 2-3 inch Rose Hairs, and two 4-inch T. Blondi's. The other just had a couple of 2-3 inch Rose Hairs.

The T. Blondi's were going for $60, and the Rose Hairs were going for $7-$10.

Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed. It is a three hour trip for me, and I'm not interested in anything but T's, so I certainly wont be going back to that show. I spent $60 on gas, and six hours in a car, for nothing.

Oh, and on the way home, I stopped at a pet shop a few miles out of Monroeville to see what they had. They were asking $75-$80 for 2-3 inch Rose Hairs like the ones I saw at the show for $7-$10. What a joke.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That sucks. If I didn't have anything to do, I suppose the drive wouldn't bother me...except for the cost of driving these days...that's quite prohibitive...cheaper to order online.

synyster

Arachnobaron
Are you sure they were Theraphosa blondi and not stirmi??

If I was to find 4" T.blondi's for 60$ up here in Canada, i'd go nuts!;)

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not all reptile shows are packin T's...hence the name reptile show

LV-426

Arachnobaron
i wanted to go repticon in orlando but couldnt because i didnt have the $$$. wfrom what i heard from a few people on the boards i really didnt miss anything (just the usual Ts, nothing special). i would have wasted gas and time, its cheaper to buy online + you can really find stuff that wont be at a reptile show

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you sure they were Theraphosa blondi and not stirmi??

If I was to find 4" T.blondi's for 60$ up here in Canada, i'd go nuts!;)
+1, I highly doubt they were stirmi's. The vendors here ALL have them labled as T. blondi's or just their common names, but they definitely dont have the color of a blondi.

Annnd theyre all underfed and about 5".

mrclean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The reptile show in hamburg pa always has a lot of diffrent tarantulas for sale.
There is a show sat june 11th only bad thing it gets way to full in there.

Stevo73

Arachnopeon
Pittsburgh area reptile shows

I must say that the Pittsburgh area reptile shows are major disappointments. I have been both a customer and a vendor at these shows and over the years they get progressively boring to say that least. If anyone wants to see a lot of different animals your best bet would be to go to Hamburg Pa. They may as well just do away with the shows in the Pittsburgh area.

Steven

synyster

Arachnobaron
+1, I highly doubt they were stirmi's. The vendors here ALL have them labled as T. blondi's or just their common names, but they definitely dont have the color of a blondi.

Annnd theyre all underfed and about 5".
Haha ok, yeah they'll eventually sell them to noobs. It's sad...

They were just marked "Goliath".
Figures... Well you must have had one great time over there!:rolleyes: