Devastated

desertanimal

Arachnoknight
Weird timing (instead of the week before classes start). Sorry for the hassle and really sorry about your "friend." :(

Hayden

Arachnosquire
Weird timing (instead of the week before classes start). Sorry for the hassle and really sorry about your "friend." :(
Incoming freshman registration is staggered throughout the summer, but they have the session or two before school starts.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh man that's terrible! I'm really sorry you and you're pets have become the victim of irresponsible people =( I'm sure every one of your collection was special to you, I truly hope that you can get more soon ae!

Glad to hear your T's are allright! I'm not sure if you're feeling annoyed at yourself for what happened but if you are then don't ae, it wasn't your fault, you sound like someone who really cares for his pets

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
A true friend (that possesses any moral character and ethics at all) would accept responsibility for the disaster and reimburse you. Or at least offer to.

Hayden

Arachnosquire
Thank you everyone for your support. The "friend" has agreed to pay for the value of all animals lost, as well as return the money I paid them to house sit, and all I had to do was show up at his house with an officer in tow. Sometimes it pays to work in law enforcement.
All of the surviving animals seem fine, if not a little crabby.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Sorry about your collection loss. I too have no central air, but my Ts have a window unit. Fans aren't going to be enough to keep a room around 80 when it's 106+ outside. A good window unit will run about $200 and will have a temp setting so that at night, when it does get down to 80, it will shut off the compressor as needed. Just really no other way to go. Unfortunately since your friend didn't apparently take care of anything... you may well have a claim. (And lose a friend).

Marga

kkmmnn

Arachnopeon
jeez that is terrible, such a pitty.. so sorry for your losses. i would want to hurt someone for doing that to my animals. allowing them to die slowly by dehydration/starvation is terrible. i'd probably have eaten the monetary losses in favor of kicking said friend's ass

not sure where you live, but if you're in the states just craigslist for a good window unit, people will give them away for free often times. doesn't need to be the newest or hottest brand to cool a room adequately

chaco

Arachnosquire
i had this happen a month ago had a friend watch my T's cause he has experience went away for almost month for insect collecting trip ( field ento here )i sell live and dead specimens but anyways a week in i tryed calling him he wouldnt answer the phone ????so i let it go for another 6 days then tryed again no answer and hes suppose to be staying at my residence but no answer so 2 weeks in to the trip iam stressed hes calls with not good updates said he didnt notice anything was wrong -.- ... i get home to 5 dead T's at the time they where all dehydrated tanks dry my stirmi's some of my pamphotous genus all large T's needless to say he never fed them nor misted them or even filled there water dishes
then i lost 2 more due to they didnt recover for total of 7 T's a breeding project gone money taken to take care of them also a T that i had for a trade that was to be sent out
the day after i got back lol i told him get the (expletive) out of my house and we aint friends no more to try and make it up he gave a 3 inch unsexed stirmi??? i gave him $200 to watch my T's and relax in my residence ...lol so either way i lost. I feel you pain takes a while to recover but you do and make new friends

---------- Post added 06-28-2012 at 08:35 PM ----------

maybe i should take him to small claims hmmm is it worth it ???is it to late to do so?was only a month ago ish the men in blue i dont think will do anything for me here tho

Last edited: