desert iguanas

pimpin_posey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I jus found 2 desert iguanas. i have them in a large enough aqurium.i was curious how well WC do in captivity. any tips on helping them settle in.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how large is your set up? they need a lot of room and a lot of depth(for burrows).

boidaddic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Large enough isnt going to help, we need to know dimensions and such. A picture would even be nice...
Regards,
Eric

Barbedwirecat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
http://people.qualcomm.com/ntenny/dipsosaurus.html

Theres a bit of info for you. Remember if you have any other reptiles to quarentine these guy away from the rest, and get a fecal sample checked at your local vet these guys can harbor LOADS of parasites and ESPECIALLY the kind that HUMANS can get.

Lot of HEAT...bake em! and don't forget your UV light!!!

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pimpin_posey said:
i have a custome 4'x20"x2' enclosure.
well it seems a bit narrow, and short...

i guess it will do.

pimpin_posey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
are there any local plants i live in southern cali. that i can go out and pick so they can have their natural diet?

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well if you go to the desert you can grab a cresote bush...

they love the flowers.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh, and feed some inverts(crickets, mealworms, etc..) to them aswell. i know many people who keep these and the claim it is a large part of their diet.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How many animals do you HAVE, man? It seems like you're always getting something new. :?

pimpin_posey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol i get lots of things. i am stickin with things i catch 2 so i cna let it go if i need 2. or stuff like that. i love animals. i make sure they always eat. and as you can telll i educate myself on them as much as possible.