dehydrated moss

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so about 2 weeks ago i changed the sub. in my t cages. i used (never have befor) some compressed moss kinda like what eco earth comes in. my Q is that now there are little i mean pin head size white dots that have appeared in all the enclosure witht he moss in it and it covers all the moss, sorry i dont have a camera that can show the dots very well. should i be worried?

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are the white dots moving if so, it could be mites, if not it could be a fungi/mold. Either way I would either remove and clean the tanks, or let it compleatly dry out for about a week at least.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds like it could be fungus getting stared. i've had moldy problems with certain types of dried moss being, apparently, too wet. If it's definitely something growing in there it's better to get it out soon. Perhaps consider upping the ventilation too.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know what moss you are talkin' about

Comes in single and "2X pax", Very compressed!

Toss it! I had problems w/ Mold - and I Don't use that brand any longer.:embarrassed:
I buy mine now,
from a local nursery{sphagnum}. It sells in Large bales for $10 :D

I forget company name {brick pax}....It may have been Exo-Terra :?

Hope that Helps you out.

- Jason

Last edited:

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I tried a little bit of that product too and had white dots appear. I dont know what it was,but I didnt like it. I removed and sterilized the container and now use local moss.

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
will do im gonna romove all of it and use my eco earth that stuff never goes bad for me