Defecate while molting?

B00

Arachnopeon
My Aphonopelma sp. "Something-or-other" just molted and I noticed that she had a large white smear on her backside. Can a T poo on them selves while molting or dose this look more like an injury? Or one of those "wet molts"?

The smear also left some remnants on the inside of her old skin. It feels a little like talcum powder.

Chaika

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
According to the TKG, a T can poo when it's straining during a moult. If she's doing fine then I wouldn't worry, it doesn't look like most wet moult photos that I've seen.

fretman08

Arachnosquire
My t.blondi did that too but it's nothing to worry about. Kind of like when women in labor poop all over the doctor lol just straining too much

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kind of like when women in labor poop all over the doctor lol just straining too much
I was eating...

Another user had experienced something similar with his pulchra, and successfully (and gently) removed the dried poop with warm water and a q-tip. It's up to you whether or not to leave the poo be, but just something to keep in mind.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I was eating...
I was taking a sip of coffee and it almost came out my nose, but yeah, not a mental image I want at all.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Another user had experienced something similar
LOL you had quoted the thing with the pooping on the doctor and I had read up to this and for a split second I was like WHAT THE..... But then I read on and saw he was talking about a tarantula pooping in its molt, not the other thing.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yea I have seen a T do that before. It made me worry at the time too. But putting that aside, from what I can see of that T it looks really beautiful. Any chance of a full body shot?

Although I didnt spit anything out after reading that one coment, I did wrinkle my nose and shake my head. Just a bit much in my opinion.

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love it you guys made me LOL, I do this at work and no one understands why Im laughing :)

Scorpionqueen20

Arachnopeon
Gross. I have to say that I have never known a woman to do that in labor, but I guess the logic is sound and so is comparable. Good to know that my T's can do that and not to worry.