Death Wish?

Sevenrats

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't think that they are smart or suicidal or stupid. They're just crickets. I don't think that they even know that they are crickets and that the spider is going to eat them.

GAD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have wondered this same thing. My dumb crix do that same thing. My P. Murinus was in premoult and the first cricket I put in ran right under him and sat there...now everyone I put in there runs straight down the glass right into the tunnel web hahaha I think its funny. The T has to put out somthing to attracked food like that...

TBlondi

Arachnopeon
I remember this one time at band camp.....LOL

I fed my G. Rosea and she wasnt hungry at first and the crix where climbing all over her and she ended up getting so angry that when any crix would go near her she would just kick some dirt at them, but they still didnt get the hint so she eventually ate them. STUPID CRICKETS {D

amberlecemu

Arachnopeon
Haha tt's amusing to witness. Well I've got two sides of the deal. Sometimes I buy crickets that go into freeze mode, sometimes I get crickets that run n hop n hide, sometimes i get crickets that seem like they want the tarantula to eat them.

I use my hands to get at the crickets though, I spend significantly more time trying to use foreceps to grab the crickets out of the cylinder, maybe I'm a lousy user of foreceps haha.

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
amberlecemu said:
use my hands to get at the crickets though, I spend significantly more time trying to use foreceps to grab the crickets out of the cylinder, maybe I'm a lousy user of foreceps haha.

I have found trying to catch crickets with tongs is about as successful as trying to pick up marbles with chopsticks. Its not just you LOL

Aleks32

Arachnopeon
wicked said:
I have found trying to catch crickets with tongs is about as successful as trying to pick up marbles with chopsticks. Its not just you LOL
It's easier to pick up marbles. At least they aren't actively trying to escape.

kingz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i only 3 t's right now and not for that long ether but i have seen the complet and uder stupidity of crikets, thay will drown in a drop of watter and run to thay're oun death, combined with thay're short life span its amazing thay even exist.

justinthespider

Arachnopeon
I have had a few crickets that would run over and stare at my T untill it got eaten. It was like the crickets were daring my T to eat them!! And I was wondering the wole time if it was possible that crickets are the dumbest creatures alive. IMO turkeys are not the dumbest but crickets are.