Death Curl?!?!

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I do not understand your statement. If he is serious about his T getting that big within a year why would I not be able to duplicate the growth rate if fed whenever T will eat and keeping temps up?
Same reason why my sister is 5'5" and I am only 5'. We came from the same parents. Average height for a female is 5'4". Why am I only 5' tall when we were fed the same, raised the same, and have the same parents?

Every specimen is different. If you set expectations based on someone else you will likely be disappointed.

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
Same reason why my sister is 5'5" and I am only 5'. We came from the same parents. Average height for a female is 5'4". Why am I only 5' tall when we were fed the same, raised the same, and have the same parents?

Every specimen is different. If you set expectations based on someone else you will likely be disappointed.
I fully understand and agree with you. The point I am referring to is some people saying they grow like glaciers and this person saying it's that size in a year from a sling.

Correct me if I am wrong but the gap in growth rate reported is then either wrong or someone is misinformed.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I fully understand and agree with you. The point I am referring to is some people saying they grow like glaciers and this person saying it's that size in a year from a sling.

Correct me if I am wrong but the gap in growth rate reported is then either wrong or someone is misinformed.
But what sized did she really say? From "tiny baby" to that one pictured. What size is that actually? Also, there are always outliers in any statistical sample so this very well could be one of them. An outlier does not prove that everyone else that says they "grow like glaciers" is wrong.

My point stands. If you set expectations (and make purchase decisions) based on sample size of one, you will likely be disappointed. That's all.

Last edited:

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
But what sized did she really say? From "tiny baby" to that one pictured. What size is that actually? Also, there are always outliers in any statistical sample so this very well could be one of them. An outlier does not prove that everyone else that says they "grow like glaciers" is wrong.

My point stands. If you set expectations (and make purchase decisions) based on sample size of one, you will likely be disappointed. That's all.
Fully agree with you, apologies if I sound confrontational I am just trying to wrap my mind around all the different feedback. Since reading this I went on to read more about this T and almost all other posts on here regarding size and growth rate and the difference between what people report on here and other sources like other forums it's like day and night.

I will not be purchasing this T, it's more of a curiosity at this point and to find some middle ground on the growth rate. At this point all posts are either black or white with no grey area where the truth often resides :p

Poptartsfly

Arachnopeon
But im i doing something wrong with my T? Am i like feeding him to much or something?

Mine is Voodoo. I got him for the exact same reason as you. Well I have had to adjust my expectations because he looks like this after a year. :rofl: Not exactly silky black, but really good growth. So..... I just bought 2 more to try again LOL. The seller offered to buy him back, but I'm entirely too attached at this point. And even though he's not black, I really love his coloring. In the right light he is pretty metallic copper.
View attachment 359163
Houdini is so calm he's never tried to attack me or anything almost like he's to lazy but when i open his enclosure he does run away😔

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Houdini is so calm he's never tried to attack me or anything almost like he's to lazy but when i open his enclosure he does run away😔
I had a funny rehouse "attack" with mine. So, if you've read the board here much you'll see things about tarantulas running up the tongs or bolting out and being so super fast. Well, I was rehousing my Voodoo who acts very much like you described. I was gently pushing his back feet so he'd move up and out of the enclosure. Suddenly, he turned around and attacked the paint brush. He tried to bit it and then he climbed half way up it before I thought to drop the brush. Well, whatever you just pictured in your head, slow it down about 20 times LOL. It was totally in slow motion, but it was the first time anything like that had happened to me so I had frozen. Since he was SO slow I had plenty of time to realize I was being dumb and let go of the paint brush. Then he calmly climbed out of the enclosure and into the new one as if saying, "Don't rush me. I'll get there!" :rofl:

But im i doing something wrong with my T? Am i like feeding him to much or something?
Nope. Looks perfectly healthy and beautifully silky black.

Last edited by a moderator: