Death curl or moulting?

DaGoose

Arachnopeon
Got this p.irminia sling yesterday from a local reptile shop was originally housed in a dram vile that was swamped was fine during the rehouse and the evening but I've woken up to this and I'm not sure if it's dead or getting ready to moult any advice would be helpful and yes I've followed the golden rule my other half was up a while befor me and said the t was chilling at the top of the enclosure when she saw it but yes this is it currently it's been like that for a good 4 hours or so

Attachments

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I’m sorry, this looks deceased to me. Do you have pics of the entire enclosure? Maybe we can see something that may have contributed. Any chance she came in contact with any chemicals (pet flea meds,etc)?

DaGoose

Arachnopeon
So the left is what we put her in. she was in the vial befor and it was swamped and it looks like she moulted in there at least once but the only thing that might of contributed would be the hot glue I use to fix abit of Cork to the sides

Do you think it would be worth contacting the shop? Do you think they would do anything about it ?

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
the only thing that might of contributed would be the hot glue I use to fix abit of Cork to the sides
Well this could be the problem.

You did not need to do this, you didn't buy an avic, you bought a Psalmo, unlike avics, they live at ground level so an avic type set up would not even be right. You want a leaned piece of wood that allows for the t to make a home and a web tube beneath that wood.

I think the fact that you used the glue could be a reason for the store to deny culpability.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
No only the vent at the top
That’s another problem. Without vents at the ground level, it can get stuffy (especially if moist) and smother the spider. Air holes at substrate level create a chimney effect where air comes in through the bottom and vents out the top, creating air exchange.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Just top ventilation is dangerous for p.irminia.. or any arboreal t it’s a bad idea . . Rip

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
Aw man that rly sucks 😥. If it died less than 24 hours after you got it you should probably contact the store. The vial it came in looks like there's more water than dirt.... and only having those little pin pricks in the top... 😬

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Aw man that rly sucks 😥. If it died less than 24 hours after you got it you should probably contact the store. The vial it came in looks like there's more water than dirt.... and only having those little pin pricks in the top... 😬
Yeah good idea , my lps didn’t even give out receipts or have guarantees . All my losses occurred about a month later , not sure if I’ll ever go back there . Still don’t think they took terrible care of there Ts just bad supplier . Dealing with my mom who wants me to run out , is why I didn’t go online like normal.