Dead or Molting?

whamslam3

Arachnopeon
ok so i just noticed tht my g rosea is curled but i just saw her move her leg a little bit when i was takin these pics. yesterday she was moving around a lot in the cage and now shes like this outa no where. is she dying or is she just in the first stages of molting?
she has a water dish and i just saw her drink a few days ago. she hasnt rly been eating for a few months but she would kill the crickets and hold on to them a little bit but not fully eat them like she usually would. seemed like she was just killing them to kill them.
i hope she isnt dying cuz i have no idea why she would be makes no sense. here is some pics:

should i mist the cage or attempt to feed?

whamslam3

Arachnopeon
Looks like classic "death curl" - I would get her into an ICU right away. Molting looks nothing like that- they lay on their back splayed out. Here a thread with pretty much the same name as yours...except the T actually was molting - http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?188383-Dead-or-Molting-Help!!!
i saw her move her leg but wat do u mean by icu wat do i do?

---------- Post added 05-18-2013 at 04:54 PM ----------

ok now she is on the other side of the tank in the same position she walked across some how ummm what is goin on

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyHate

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ICU or intensive care unit is basically a high humidity chamber to help if your T is dehydrated or otherwise recovering from an injury- and by the looks of it, yours needs it BAD. I would freak if I found one of mine looking like that...

Here are instructions how to make one. I havent watched this- so I dont know how good it is. Use the search function to learn more. Seriously though, get your T set up in one now.

[YOUTUBE]9lAx1z6vKZE[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.tarantulas.com/first_aid.html

---------- Post added 05-18-2013 at 05:56 PM ----------

It looks like you have a lot more research to do.
Understatement of the day...

whamslam3

Arachnopeon
i just dont get how she is dehydrated if i see her drink water all the time

pocopelo

Arachnopeon
She probably had cold feet!
Now seriously, did she change posture? If she remains like that, i'd take the advice, and ICU.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
get a small container, put papertowel on the bottom,make it very wet,put airholes in the container,it will be very humid in there.that's your icu chamber,exactly what prettyhate is trying to explain to you. your t may benefit from this,or not .good luck

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
Just a look from the abdomen it doesn' t appear to be shrunken. It may be from natural causes or possibly chemical related. Have you treated any area of your home or apartment with pesticides?It could also be from a fall not sure if you notice any drops of fluid on her or not. Keep us posted.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
1 - Where did you buy the rosea? LPS, Expo, etc.?

2 - Is it a male or female?

As suggested, ICU is a good idea, and possibly will help it hydrate better. If you bought it from an LPS, it is most likely a wild-caught, and maybe has parasites. If it has nematodes, for example, it may try to drink but can't - but to you it looks like it's drinking. Also, it could be an old female or mature male that is at the end of its' life.

More details from you are needed, but do put the spider in an ICU for a few days and see how it does.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Regardless of how she is doing now, I would still put her in an ICU asap, that is classic death curl which means something is wrong. Keep us posted

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer