dead avic

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well its over.. my avics died..really stinks like rotting fresh..1 person says it could be dehydration..but it had a lid of water in there and i misted the tank twice a day...i really dont know but i have an idea that it was the dealer..the abdomen is about 1cm wide :mad: ive sent him an email saying hat hes gonna do about it..im really annoyed but im sure ill get over it..any ideas as to what to get 4 a new t?

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok i know this has probably been posted a thousand times but how do i *save* it or should it just be thrown away?

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
condolances

My condolances, conway! That's a bummer! :(

Have you considered mailing it back to the dealer? perhaps he will replace it? how long did you have it before it died?

If you're able to get an A. braushauseni or A. versicolor, I highly recommend those!

If the t was unhealthy when you received it, you could always try requesting a pic before you purchase. If the t in the photo looks good to you, then purchase it on the condition that the t in the picture is the one that you're agreeing to purchase.

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
considered but not sent yet..im trying to access my hotmail but it wont open :( :mad: i got it on thursday.i didnt really know wether the t was un healthy when i received it..i just put it in the tank and it didnt come out of its cup and being an Arboreal i thought it would of started climbing with in an hour but nothing!..

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by conway
considered but not sent yet..im trying to access my hotmail but it wont open :( :mad: i got it on thursday.i didnt really know wether the t was un healthy when i received it..i just put it in the tank and it didnt come out of its cup and being an Arboreal i thought it would of started climbing with in an hour but nothing!..
Sooner the better I imagine.

If it had been healthy, more than likely within a day (overnight) it would have been climbing around it's new home.

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nope, it was the next day and it was still in its cup so i tipped it up to get it out and it just lay there:confused: didnt move..then yesturday like i said,i smelt the tank...an it didnt smell to good,its sitting infront of me in a jar, stinking worse than ever..you seriously couldnt imagine how much it smells,i made a fool of my brother..he goes..ah so its dead? im like yea..smell it..lol he nearly dropped the jar he ran to da bog and nearly puked ..haha he was in a stress cause it smells so bad /...so ne ideas on how to preserve this...cause the dealer might want it back,and as much angry i am with him,i wouldnt wanna give the body to ANYONE, it smells that bad:8o a sad time but oh well ill live :) ...pure alcohol?..rum?..lol..what!?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by conway
...an it didnt smell to good,its sitting infront of me in a jar, stinking worse than ever..you seriously couldnt imagine how much it smells
I can more than imagine, it's amazing how much a spider that barely weighs an ounce or so can reek.