day vs night breeding

Bloodletting

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Has anyone found t's are more receptive to breeding in the day hours versus dark?

I am breeding vagans this weekend and I would much rather do it directly after school. My house isn't as warm as my classroom. I live about 30 minutes from where I teach and would rather do it here if daylight won't interfere with the breeding.

If evening hrs are best. I would probably drive back in. Or would temperatures in the upper 60's lower 70's be ok (if I take them home, that would be the average temp. versus upper to mid 70's in my classroom).

Thanks much

scott

Bloodletting

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, either a stupid question or maybe it should be obvious...Anyone....I have 2 hrs til I either try now or take home and try tonight/tomorrow night.

thanks....

Scott

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Never seen anything that would lead me to believe night is required, though darkness helps IMlimitedE.

Bloodletting

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks,

Honesly, I was under the impression,not sure why, it was best to breed at night or evening. I am not sure what led me to think this.

Scott

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In general, tarantulas dislike light and noise. I wouldn't read into it any further than that. I'm sure you can breed them during the day, though perhaps your chances would increase in a quite dark room? I don't know...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I find that most MM's of all species are more receptive to breeding when it is dark. I use a lamp on the side so I can see, and I still take photos, they don't seem to bothered by that, but the day night cycle is a big part of their life and they all seem to be more receptive to breeding at night.

Now I have bred in daylight hours but 90% of my breedings are in the evening. It just seems to go better more often then not when it's dark.