Dangers of Overfeeding T's?

Ryan Bridgman

Arachnopeon
Well my wife and I recently came back from a 3 and a half week holiday in thailand during which time we left our 3 T's at home with no food but plenty of water. When we returned we obviously started feeding the T's. The Seemanni and Smithi both took 4 medium black crickets each and have stopped eating since but our curly hair has (in the week since we returned) taken about 15 medium black crix and is catching anything I throw in her cage.

She is nice and plump (read FAT!) but is obviously still happy to eat so I have continued to throw in the crix. The thing is, is there a health risk involved with continually feeding her? My assumption has been that as long as she keeps eating I can just pile on the crix until she refuses food, but I just cannot believe how much food she is eating. Should I stop feeding he for a couple of weeks?

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Heavy feeding shortens the life of adult females IME, plus its a waste of food unless your going to try for a mating {D.

Ryan Bridgman

Arachnopeon
Thing is she's only a juvenile (about 3.5 inch legspan) and had moulted just before we left for holiday. I am quite keen to get her full size ASAP but is there a risk of her having a bad moult if she gets too big too fast? Little bugger has always had a massive appetite compared to my Seemanni.

morda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't think that there is some danger in overfeeding. Spider will be bigger after moult...
The only one danger is when the spider will fall - it can wound his abdomen.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Youngens is no problem IMO i stuff all mine :) once females get to the point where there not getting any bigger on moults i have cut them back iv always found females i do that with live a good few years longer then there siblings that i have fed heavily just my 2p but i know of others that have found the same thing.