Damon diadema: freshly molted

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was getting ready to go to bed tonight and I decided to check on a few spiders I had re-homed today. As I walked past one of my racks I noticed one of my young female D. diadema had just molted. This is a close as I have come so far to actually seeing the process, still a bit late but very cool nonetheless. I really wanted to get some pictures but I was hesitant to move her in any way but since it was a rare occurrence (the molting obviously but even more amazing that my camera battery was charged) I figured I would chance it. I pulled the cork out very carefully and she just sat there not moving at all. Here are a few pictures.

cold blood, this is the mom to the ones you just got from me.

I have a question regarding posting of photos. I have all three of the images saved in the vertical orientation (pictures 1 & 3 are top and bottom not left and right) but when I uploaded them it rotated those two. Its not a big deal but for some reason I like them better that way. Is there something I should do differently (I love how easy it is to post pictures on this site, kudos to the designer) or is it just a default mode. Like I said its not a big deal just a personal preference.

First picture is a direct overhead shot of freshly molted female and the old exoskeleton.
tailless lwhip female molt 3.jpg
second picture is an angled closeup of the female.
tailless whip female molt 1.jpg

Third picture is basically the same as #1 taken at an angle.
tailless whip female molt 2.jpg

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@cold blood

@sschind not sure I follow? Are you saying that an immature female reproduced ? Or did I read thst wrong ?
Sorry for the confusion, I can see where you might have gotten that impression. She is an adult just a young one. I said young to distinguish her from her mom which would be the grandma to the ones cold blood got. He also has one of her sisters which would be the one he just posted a picture of.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Sorry for the confusion, I can see where you might have gotten that impression. She is an adult just a young one. I said young to distinguish her from her mom which would be the grandma to the ones cold blood got. He also has one of her sisters which would be the one he just posted a picture of.
Thanks for clarifying that my buddy @cold blood didn't get some weird multi generational hybrid creature lol.