dam petco...

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pet stores...

Poor little thing... but one advice: if you apply for that pet store make sure you can handle the results (I always think that it's a good idea for people who work at a pet store to at least have a clue what they're talking about or have a person that does).
I work at a pet store that I somewhat rescued a Haplopelma lividum from before I started working there and it died just a little later than when I got. The reason? Dehydration and improper temps, not to mention too many crickets in the cage. Its last few days were good I guess but it's still infuriating :mad:. It was beautiful. Nobody except me seems to know about different tarantulas there and I also love the reptiles (I'm a reptile and invert type of person). It was a battle getting the owner to get a heat light for the 3 P. imperator there and to use 3 hides since we have 3 scorpions in one tank. I also admit that rats are best bought by breeders and not pets stores as well. Trust me: it's a battle trying to get people to care about animals that aren't as popular or an 'expensive ferret that increases business'. But I like my job and do the best I can... it can just be frustrating when I feel like I have to repeat myself or constantly STRONGLY encourage information about animals' needs.
I personally agree with online or breeder ordering the most in general.Tarantula breeders usually at least care about the animals enough to maintain then properly

GrammatonCleric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I used to have these discussions every time I went into these places. I even got in an argument with a zookeeper at the National Zoo over theor horribly filthy roach ridden dart frog enclosures. However, after 10+ years of doing it, I just gave up, nothing ever changes with them.